cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heading into the court room for Judgment! UPDATE!!!

tag
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

Heading into the court room for Judgment! UPDATE!!!

In less than 24 hours I will be in front of the judge asking for the judgment that was entered against me 22 months ago to be vacated.

The judgment was for $53,000 in medical bills.  In the end the hospital recalled the majority of the debt (all but about $3000) of it as they forgave it based on my financial documents that were lost with an external agencies that was handling it for them.  

I have my letters from the hospital saying they were granting me financial hardship so I was not responsible for them.  Also, I did not know about the judgment until it was abotu a year old.  They served my ex-husband who never told me and they were garnishing his paycheck.  I found out when I pulled my credit reports a year ago to see if I was in a situation to buy a house.  As soon as I saw it I started working on it.  In January I had the last of it taken care of.  I asked the CA to vacate it instead of filing as satisfied.  I never heard back from them but I did get notice in the mail from the courts saying it was filed as satisifed.

I went to the court house myself to file the motion to have it vacated.  Judge set the hearing for 3 week later (which is tomorrow at 10:30am).  Notice was also sent to the CA.  Gut tells me CA will show up to fight me on this.  They can't collect the money so I don't know why they would.  The hospital told the CA to remove all collections from credit report from that hospital.  CA removed 5 of the 7.  I disputed the remain 2 and they all came back as verified.  I redisputed and even said hospital told them to remove them - still came back as verified.  This is what makes me think they will show up tomorrow.   On the positive side.... clerk of the court told me that the jjudge who is handling my case is "very kind and forgiving."  I hope this is good new for me!!!!

I am going to type out all the details that I will say to the judge in the morning so I don't get flustered and forget something.  Only negative left on my credit report is the judgment and the two paid collection that are tied to it.  In less than 24 hours I could have a perfectly clean credit report!  (or it could stay marred for the next 5 years)

If you are a person of faith - please say a prayer.  Otherwise, all good vibers and crossed fingers would be much appreciated!

******UPDATE********

How nerve racking!  Motiona was granted.  

They did send an attorney.  Well, he had 6 cases total.  Guess they are busy suing people.  Judge asked why it should be vacated.  I came prepared. I typed everything otu ahead of time and had all my papers.  I told the judge that I typed it out and to bear with me it would take 3 minutes to read as I wanted to make sure to not leave anything out.  Judge smiled and told me to take my time.  Attorney tried to interupt but judge asked to remain silent that he would be given him time to speak.  When I was done the attorney said he was sorry I had cancer but that had nothing to do with it.  Judge said he disagreed and said having cancer is the reason for the bills and that is the reason I wasn't properly servered (guess stating I was to sick to know??).  It was obvious when the hospital recalled the bills that they said it was not valid too.  Attorney asked a bunch of stupid questions (I think to get me frustrated).  Judge said he was approving motion to vacate. Judge asked attorney if he would go as far as agreeing to have the case dismissed at same time.  Attorney agreed to dismiss with prejudice.  

Going to fax the copy over to the CRA.  I hope they don't take all 30 days to delete.

My scores are sitting at 661, 669 and 681 (all true FICO's).  I have two remaining collections (paid) on my reports that are 4 yrs and 3 yrs.  Hopeing to be visiting the 700 club once the judgment is removed.  (the two newer collections are tied to this care.  I sent HIPPA letters on them. If the HIPPA letter doesn't get rid of them I will take them back into the court room.   I kicked cancers a** and I will win against this collection agency! 

When I started this journey I was sitting with 36 collections and my scores were 550's.

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Re: Heading into the court room for Judgment!

Message 2 of 26
Ravensfan2001
Established Contributor

Good luck!

Starting Scores: (4/16/12 lender pull) TU 596 | EX 550 | EQ 576
Current Score (9/3/15): Wally TU 639 | Amex EX 628 | DCU EQ 639
Goals: Homeowner as of 9/27/2013. Last app 8/1/15. TU-5; EX-16; EQ-13. Aiming for ZERO inqs.
Message 3 of 26
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Good luck!

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 4 of 26
shanac
Frequent Contributor

Much success to you tomorrow!

iPhone. iTypos. iApologize

Current Score: EQ FICO 764 TU FICO 776 EX FICO 753
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 26
sarahcatherinemay
Regular Contributor

Fingers crossed! Let us know how it goes!

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: EQ Fico 766 | TU Fico 715 | EX Fico 753
Goal Score: 800

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 26
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Go get them!  Best of luck to you!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 7 of 26
starry1
Valued Contributor

Lots of luck, let us know how it goes.

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 8 of 26
Kathy4NU
Frequent Contributor

Two hours and counting.

Nervous as can be.  Hoping they don't send an attorney and I can win by default.  Also hope I am first on the docket.  Not sure how many cases they have scheduled for 10:30.  I don't think I can stand waiting any longer!!!

Will keep you posted.

June '12: EQ 553 TU 0 EX 545
April '13 Lender Pull EQ 731, EX 692, TU 722 - all FICO

Closed on home May 22, 2013 at 2:00pm!!!
CU Visa $1000, VS $350, Chase Freedom $1000, Discover IT $2500, Home Depot: $2700, Menards $3000, NFM $3500
What's been deleted: 32 collections, 5 PR, 2 tax liens, defaulted student loans
Message 9 of 26
BeautifulBlueBoy
Established Member

Go get 'em Tiger!

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.