Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heard back from an OC...

tag
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Heard back from an OC...

I sent out a request for GW to an OC over an old gas bill. Though its old and paid, its the most recent derog on my CR.

They went into a long shpeal over when and how I contaced them and when I paid. My plea in the GW was just that I was in a bind and had to get out of where I was staying in a hurry and forgot to have the service disconnected. They rebutted that I requested to have it turned off on a certain date (which I very well may have! I was in a panic when I left that place- I could have sold a kidney and had a hard time remembering ANYTHING at that particular point in time).

Well, they ran down when I contacted them, when I asked for the service to be shut off and everything. Im not saying they are lying- I HONESTLY dont remember ever having done so...Smiley Indifferent. They also said that I had asked for them to forward the last bill...and they sent a copy of the last bill with my current addy...THE THING IS I HAVE A PERSONAL COPY OF THE LAST BILL RECEIVED AND IT HAS THE ORIGINAL ADDY ON IT!!! I wont believe for a second they went to the lengths of fabricating a fake bill for the sake of not granting me my wish...if so GROSS!

So, based on this they have DENIED my request! IDK if they think I am a liar or what!

I sent out a far more detailed letter apparently around the time they had sent out their denial. I am hoping once they see the details they may have a little more empathy.

AS FAR AS THE BILLS, SHOULD I SEND A COPY OF THE REAL ONE? THE ONE I HAVE THAT HAS THE OLD ADDRESS??? 

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: Heard back from an OC...

It's possible that they sent the last bill to both addresses on file.  It would be really awful to think that they fabricated a bill.  It's unlikely, they can say no without having to go through such effort. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 2 of 5
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

@kjm79 wrote:

It's possible that they sent the last bill to both addresses on file.  It would be really awful to think that they fabricated a bill.  It's unlikely, they can say no without having to go through such effort. 

Very true! I never even thought they would have sent it to both addys...DUH!

Do I keep trying?! Do I send them the bill in an effort to show that I actually  WAS trying to be responsible? Im not looking for a pity party man, Im just looking for a fair shot! Id never had the service shut off and had to pay a "reconnect" bill or anything like that. I just want them to understand it was due to me being in a frenzy at that point in time. In the letter they made mention that I agree to pay a certain day and paid the day before that. Should I play on that? I AM a woman of my word and I try my best to do right, sometimes poop just happens and we get stuck between a rock and a hard placeSmiley Sad

Just keep swimming...just keep swimming...just keep swimming, swimming, swimming....
Message 3 of 5
kjm79
Valued Contributor

I totally get where you are coming from.  Poop does happen.  I'd keep trying.  It sounds like from what you are saying they relayed to you that you made every attempt to cancel the service by a certain date and even gave them the new address to send any other bills to.  You weren't trying to skip out on the bill.  Personally, I don't think I'd send them a copy of the bill you have though.  I think that would just show them you did have knowledge of the account and chose to ignore it, at least in their eyes. 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 4 of 5
currentlywinning
Frequent Contributor

Good point. So just reiterate the fact that I knew the bill was mine (which I did). It all is such a blur! I just knew I had to get out!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.