Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heavy use on secured card

tag
MontegoMack
Frequent Contributor

Heavy use on secured card

I have a US Bank secured card with a modest limit that I reach and PIF twice a month without giving them the chance to report a balance. 

Is this the best method to get them to recognize that I "deserve" to gradutate once 13 months comes up in January?

AmEx Platinum - AmEx BCP - Chase Freedom - NFCU Platinum - Chase Amazon Prime - Citi Costco - Citi Best Buy
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
padme
Established Contributor

Re: Heavy use on secured card

you probably want it to report a 20% balance, on a $500 card, its only $20-25 in interest for the whole year anyways. You need like 3 cards to report anyways, so you might wanna seek out others. you need the lines and the AAoA to report asap. 12 months will fly by. Use a spread across the cards.

Message 2 of 3
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Re: Heavy use on secured card

I'd let it report a balance here and there. Not a huge one though. Then pay it off immediately after the new statement cuts. This shows your ability to pay in that situation also. However, there is never any guarantee of when they'll unsecure you.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.