Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello Again, it's been a while!

tag
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

Hello Again, it's been a while!

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I have been on the MyFico boards, I have been letting things settle, age etc after I bought my house in August 2014... I have a few things to clean up still (as always right?) and I wanted to touchbase... 

I have a CC that was opened in 3/2007, still open but has some lates on it.... The oldest late is from 09/09... when that late (09/09) hits the 7-year mark in 09/2016, what happens? Does it stay on my CR's because the account is still open, does it drop off? I use the card occassional (which is actually why I have the lates because I never use it and then would but forgot that I did and not check the statement... totally my fault and dumb... BUT you live and learn right?)... I have TRIED and TRIED and TRIED toGW the H*LL out of them and no LUCK at ALL... 

I have a paid/settled for less than the original balance CO from Citi Bank Credit Card... DOFD was 10/2009 (a BAD time for me... )... Still no luck in getting it removed... I have send what feels like a billion GW requests and no luck... If anyone has had recent luck with them please PM me...

Thanks!

Bridget

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hello Again, it's been a while!

@bridgetkaryn wrote:

Hi Everyone,

It's been a while since I have been on the MyFico boards, I have been letting things settle, age etc after I bought my house in August 2014... I have a few things to clean up still (as always right?) and I wanted to touchbase... 

I have a CC that was opened in 3/2007, still open but has some lates on it.... The oldest late is from 09/09... when that late (09/09) hits the 7-year mark in 09/2016, what happens? Does it stay on my CR's because the account is still open, does it drop off? with open/closed current accounts each individual late drops at the 7 year mark.

I use the card occassional (which is actually why I have the lates because I never use it and then would but forgot that I did and not check the statement... totally my fault and dumb... BUT you live and learn right?)... I have TRIED and TRIED and TRIED toGW the H*LL out of them and no LUCK at ALL... 

I have a paid/settled for less than the original balance CO from Citi Bank Credit Card... DOFD was 10/2009 (a BAD time for me... )... Still no luck in getting it removed... I have send what feels like a billion GW requests and no luck... If anyone has had recent luck with them please PM me... OCs are very tough to get GW from they are more apt to forgive in the final year a late or COed account reports.

Thanks!

Bridget

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.