Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello! New to myFICO

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello! New to myFICO

Hi everyone I'm new to the credit watch world and wanted to get some insight on how to rebuild my credit.  The only score I can see on the site is my EQ of 538 and I'm having a hard time trying to find a auto loan!!  I get approved some places and denied at others so its been a struggle the past couple weeks. 

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

Re: Hello! New to myFICO

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi everyone I'm new to the credit watch world and wanted to get some insight on how to rebuild my credit.  The only score I can see on the site is my EQ of 538 and I'm having a hard time trying to find a auto loan!!  I get approved some places and denied at others so its been a struggle the past couple weeks. 

You need to provide specifics because we cannot give opinions on just 'how to rebuild credit'

What types of accounts on there? Collections? Judgments? Liens?

How is your current avail credit? Do you have any sorts of open trade lines?

-scott

Starting FICO Score: October 2010: TU 498 | EQ: 502
Current FICO Scores:: May 2022: TU: 784 | EQ: 770 | EX: 790
Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have 1 collection I am trying to track down.  No information is provided.  Any insight on how to track down these 'no info' accounts?

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Currently I have 'Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits 114%' on my report.  But I think this is because of Student Loans.

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Also is there a site I can get that you recomend for ALL 3 scores and reports?  I've already checked my annual report but I would like something I can view more often.

Message 5 of 11
JonRun
Regular Contributor

Message 6 of 11
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Currently I have 'Ratio of your revolving balances to your credit limits 114%' on my report.  But I think this is because of Student Loans.

Well, there is no place to purchase your 3 FICO scores, as Experian has stopped allowing consumers to buy their FICO reports. You can get your other two from here, to at least get an idea. There are multiple places to by all three reports. Just be careful, the scores they sell you are bogus. Almost all lenders use FICO to make descions.

114% of revolving. Student loans are installment. That percentage is not impacted by your student loans. What kind of credit cards are listed? Any charge offs? Are you maxed out? Charge off and maxed out accounts are killers.

Was there no information on your credit report about that collection account?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

1 Credit Card Below limit as of today, I have a few charge offs from years ago and after digging I found a medical bill that had been unpaid.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

I've rounded up the information and am taking care of it within the next couple days.  Now to rebuild Smiley Happy 

Message 9 of 11
rckstrscott
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

1 Credit Card Below limit as of today, I have a few charge offs from years ago and after digging I found a medical bill that had been unpaid.

If the charge offs are showing a balance, this is why you are showing 114 percent util

-scott

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.