cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone! This is my first time here!

tag
isacarol2
Established Member

Hello everyone! This is my first time here!

First I would like to mention I have been reading a lot and enjoying everything on this site. I'm on a rebuilding journey with hopes to get a mortgage next year if possible. Any advice is greatly appreciate appreciated. 

Of all my reports I have 6 medical bills that are in collections that should fall off within the next 1/2 years. I also have a derogotory collection from 2008. 

And the worst of all is a state tax lein of $11,000k of which I can't afford to pay off.  In spite of all those negative I have managed to

have a fingerhut account for 24+ without a late,$2600 CL, $600 cl credit one, first premier 2 cards. They somewhat have helped my credit. 

I just got approved for a auto loan through GM and will start making payments In June. I also ordered a Capitol One secured credit card that was approved which should arrive in a few days. My last thing is I went a little wild with the shopping cart trick Smiley Happy.  

Got out approved for $ 350 victoria , $250 jcrew, $250 buckle ,$250 Avenue. 

Ias of today my scores are according to myfico.

Experian 574

Equifax.   624

tranunion 570

is there anything else I can do? Is there any hopes for a mortgage next year? Thank you so much.

My goal 630/650 range by May 2015
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Tas

Re: Hello everyone! This is my first time here!

My scores are very similar to yours. Would you be willing to tell me what your interest rate on the GM auto loan is? I am needing A new vehicle and hope to start shopping in a few months.
Message 2 of 4
isacarol2
Established Member

Its actually kind of High . 17%. I got a 2012 Ford Focus SL Fully loaded with only 29,000 Miles. 

My goal 630/650 range by May 2015
Message 3 of 4
spike69
Frequent Contributor

Keep your balances low on the cards you  have- garden them well. Can you make payment arrangements for that Tax Lien. It is going to really impact your DTI ratio until you can get the amount paid down or reduced.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.