Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello everyone

tag
Bleu
Contributor

Hello everyone

I'm new to the forums. I wanted to know which package people buy to check their scores. The standard one for 19.95 or the 54.00. I would for once, love to see my real fico scores. Fako scores are all over the place. Also, is the 19.95 one the real fico score?

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

Re: Hello everyone

@Bleu wrote:

I'm new to the forums. I wanted to know which package people buy to check their scores. The standard one for 19.95 or the 54.00. I would for once, love to see my real fico scores. Fako scores are all over the place. Also, is the 19.95 one the real fico score?

The safest bet is to always buy your FICO scores on MyFICO.com to know you are getting legit FICO credit scores (which is the one most creditors typically use).

As for the reports, I've always been advised not to get the 3-in-1 reports... that they don't include complete info, but I don't know if this is still the case. You could call MyFICO and ask about this. But my inclination would be to purchase the FICO Standard products (Score & Credit Report) for each of the three bureaus. Note, however, that's $59.85 compared to the cost for the 3-in-1 report of $54.85.

It's also worth noting that for $49.95 you can buy the Suze Orman FICO Kit Platinum on MyFICO and get all three FICO Scores and all three reports, and more (though I'm not sure what is the difference).

Message 2 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would get my reports from annualcreditreport.com, one free from each CRA every 12 months.  And get my scores from myFICO.

If it is a monitoring service you want, there are a number to choose from.

Message 3 of 9
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

@guiness56 wrote:

I would get my reports from annualcreditreport.com, one free from each CRA every 12 months.  And get my scores from myFICO.

If it is a monitoring service you want, there are a number to choose from.

Guiness56, I suggested purchasing from MyFICO since the person is interested in their FICO scores and it is my understanding that the credit report comes with the FICO score... I don't see on MyFICO.com where it's possible to purchase only a FICO score independent of credit report so was trying to save their free reports from annualcreditreport.com since they'd get one with FICO purchase anyway.

Message 4 of 9
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Nothing wrong with that.  However, the reports from annualcreditreport.com are the most accurate and detailed.  To start the rebuild process you really need those reports.

There may be things on there not on these reports and vice versa.

Message 5 of 9
OptimalFICO
Valued Member

@guiness56 wrote:

Nothing wrong with that.  However, the reports from annualcreditreport.com are the most accurate and detailed.  To start the rebuild process you really need those reports.

I didn't realize that, good to know. Thanks :-)

Message 6 of 9
myjourney
Super Contributor

@OptimalFICO wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

To add you can also see SP's on annualcredit reports which can be a plus

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 9
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@OptimalFICO wrote:

@guiness56 wrote:

To add you can also see SP's on annualcredit reports which can be a plus

Agreed. I like seeing who SP me recently and see if I got pre-qualified for anything. I really don't want any new cards, but it is good to know I am wanted, lol. Also, I like to use it for SP CLI

Message 8 of 9
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

From my experience as a former mortgage company owner, I can tell you that the tri-merge [three reports merged into one] is the onle format that is used in the mortgage industry. I know that there are mistakes that happen in the merging process [eg: dups don't always get removed, etc] so be aware. Also, each credit bureau "tweaks" the FICO algorithm to meet their internal reporting standards and so the scores you get directly from Fair Issac may be different from those you get from the individual credit bureaus ... even though they are all called FICO scores. My preference is to purchase the reports directly from each of te three bureaus as those are the ones that lenders use to evaluate your credit worthiness.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.