Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello myfico forum people :)

tag
enragedjerry
Contributor

Hello myfico forum people :)

I am  very happy to say I just GW'ED  Capital One, and for some reason I feel very optimistic, considering I emailed the gw to a credit analyst.  I will follow up with you guys, perhaps to give some hope to those who need it.

4 REPLIES 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Hello myfico forum people :)

There's a recent rash of favorable outcomes with GWs lately. Good luck!

Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been emailing and writing all kinds of GWs to Cap 1 and I received a letter in the mail saying they need more information to process the request such as DOB, SSN, full account number. 

I'm not sure which address worked but I have an executive email I can send you if you want it. 

Message 3 of 5
enragedjerry
Contributor

Sure if you dont mind could you PM me that person's email. Thank you soo much..

RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Many consumers send very confusing GW letters, that often are interpreted as either DV or dispute letters, thus leading to defensive mearures on their part, including requests for more information.

Your letters initially go to a screening clerk, and not one versed in the subitities of the  FCRA, or the GW process.

I can only suggest that you use, as part of your introductory paragraph in any such letters, a statment to the effect that this letter is NOT a request for debt validation, or a dispute of any accuracy of prior credit reporting.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.