Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hello, new to the boards!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello, new to the boards!

Hello, I had initially a couple of months ago. But thought I had to enroll in paying for my credit scores to have access to the forums and checking today, turns out I didn't. 

So, I've been looking through the forums for a while trying to get all the info I can get on bettering my credit situation. I don't have my actual score yet but had some questions about that. 

I pulled my free reports just yesterday but really "started" my rebuilding solely based on credit karma around April. Since then, I opened CapOne QS1 (500) and a secired CapOne (200). My student loans have been reporting since 8/09 but everything else is still relatively new. I'm also an authorized user on my mom's two Home Depot accounts which are showing on my three reports; 800 and 3000 CL. 

And so begins the baddies on my credit reports.

On Equifax:

I have a closed and negative chase account balance of 700 reported on 11/11/2013 and a closed and negative care credit account 350 reported on 3/26/12, saying charge off and "Transfer/Sold"

Enhanced Recovery Corp (Sprint) collections account for 400 reported on 5/2015

On Experian and Transunion : I have listed above plus a golden state credit svc from a tow yard reporting 700 on 7/28/15

Questions:

Is it 60$ a month for all three scores or inital 60 then a lower price? or a continual 60?

Which one of my baddies should I tackle first? The most recent or highest balances? Going to try PFD and if not, then GW letters.

Also, if this is the wrong section, I'm sorry for that. Thank you for your time. 

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
J91605
Frequent Contributor

Re: Hello, new to the boards!

Tackle sprint. I called sprint (don't call ERC)two months ago and had them look up my old account (3 years old). I offered to pay the account. They said they could take the payment and I asked if it would be removed from my credit. The nice lady said it is sprints policy to recall the debt from collection if you pay them. I paid. She submitted the recall I disputed that ERC had no collection authority and voila! Removed! Not everyone has had the same response so I suggest if they don't agree to recall Hang up and call back later to try again.

Starting Score: 6/30/15 EQ 554 TU 534 EX 608
Current Score: EQ 630 TU 635 EX 653
Goal Score: 680 across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge!
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update: I called the original tow yard that took in my car (granted I had sold it a week before) so I had no desire to take it out of the junk yard because a situation like this happened before and when I asked why they called me was because they said they would call all old registered owners to see if it's their car or not. So I guess I made this situaion bad myself by not claiming it. But, obviously without revealing my name/info, asking who owned the debt and they said they still do but were extremely quick to deny a PFD as they claimed that's illegal. 

I just read on another post that I should stay away from negotitating PFD or any settlement with debts still in SOL. Maybe I just read that wrong, but would like to know more on that. 

Chase date closed was 6/11/12 and last payment was on 10/10/2011 and it says should fall off 10/2018

Care credit closed 12/12/11 and last payment was 8/2011 and says should fall off 8/2018

am I out of SOL on both of these accounts yet? Care credit is listed as "purchased by another lender; > unpaid balace charged off" and Chase is "Closed by credit grantor; > Unpaid balance charged off"

Now the other two are sprint DoFD 2/14 and Tow company date opened 12/14. 

I will pay sprint in ful in hopes of pulling the account back from the CA but should I stay away from the tow and focus on Chase and Care Credit?

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello, I had initially a couple of months ago. But thought I had to enroll in paying for my credit scores to have access to the forums and checking today, turns out I didn't. 

So, I've been looking through the forums for a while trying to get all the info I can get on bettering my credit situation. I don't have my actual score yet but had some questions about that. 

I pulled my free reports just yesterday but really "started" my rebuilding solely based on credit karma around April. Since then, I opened CapOne QS1 (500) and a secired CapOne (200). My student loans have been reporting since 8/09 but everything else is still relatively new. I'm also an authorized user on my mom's two Home Depot accounts which are showing on my three reports; 800 and 3000 CL. 

And so begins the baddies on my credit reports.

On Equifax:

I have a closed and negative chase account balance of 700 reported on 11/11/2013 and a closed and negative care credit account 350 reported on 3/26/12, saying charge off and "Transfer/Sold"

Enhanced Recovery Corp (Sprint) collections account for 400 reported on 5/2015

On Experian and Transunion : I have listed above plus a golden state credit svc from a tow yard reporting 700 on 7/28/15

Questions:

Is it 60$ a month for all three scores or inital 60 then a lower price? or a continual 60?

Which one of my baddies should I tackle first? The most recent or highest balances? Going to try PFD and if not, then GW letters.

Also, if this is the wrong section, I'm sorry for that. Thank you for your time. 

Since you qualified for the QS1, you also qualify for the Platinum, which has no AF. I would suggest also applying for the Platinum, and after 6 months start requesting to upgrade it to reward (QS) status. If they auto-deny your app without even pulling your reports, it will be because of the second Cap One secured card. You may have to close that before they will open the Platinum account. It seems to be a hit or miss thing, as I have seen a few people with the secured card, the QS1, and the Platinum.

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

what would an auto-deny look like? like something won't let me continue? And I have been thinking about applying for the platinum card for a while now and especialy so since I just got two CLI with the QS1, from 300 to 500 after the credit step program then to 750 after emailing the CEO or someone at the CEO's office. 

Thanks for the advice!

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

An auto denial will be the usual "we will let you know in 7-10 days", but ther will be no hard inquiries made to your reports.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I just applied for platinum but got a "sorry we cannot approve you for a card" message. I figured it was due to the secured card, should I close that and reapply or just keep the secured open? 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.