Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hells fargo

tag
ezdriver
Senior Contributor

Re: Hells fargo

@psjhvac79 wrote:
I dont think them reporting I was ever 30 days late on the loan is dirty. Anytime I was late I take that, it was my fault and don't expect them to remove that. But what I do think is dirty is I paid the loan off ahead of time and finished the agreement to pay the loan off. I think they could have updated to show its paid as agreed. I never expected them to remove the late from the payment history. It's still showing as a past due account on my report.

Sorry but you did not pay as agreed. Having prepaid the balance of the loan is irrelevant.

EDITED TO ADDRESS THE "PAST DUE" ISSUE

Send a copy off the payoff letter to the creditor and request that they update your tradeline to reflect a zero balance. From your statement, I'm assuming that it also shows something other than a zero balance amount.

Message 11 of 15
sjt
Senior Contributor

I dont think the OP is disouting the 30 days late, but is disputing the fact that the status of the loan is not updated to reflect a paid status.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 12 of 15
psjhvac79
New Contributor

I will try the GW as I have no choice. But you can't be past due if you owe no money.
Message 13 of 15
sjt
Senior Contributor

@psjhvac79 wrote:
I will try the GW as I have no choice. But you can't be past due if you owe no money.

The status should show "Paid As Agreed"was 30 days late and the date it was late." or something like that

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 14 of 15
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@sjt wrote:

The status should show "Paid As Agreed"was 30 days late and the date it was late." or something like that

+1

I may have misunderstood the issue here, if it is being reported as past due with a balance then what you need to do is find your payoff statement they gave you when you paid it off, send copy of that to CRA with demand to update accordingly.

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.