Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Heloc Q

tag
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

Heloc Q

I'm currently at 65% LTV in my home and have been looking in to refinancing or HELOC to ease some of the burden from my credit card debt. I've been slowly chipping away at it but with interest it feels like I'm in a hamster wheel. My median score at this time is 630. If I get the amount I need it would bring my loan to 81% LTV..that would pay of all my cards in full and save me about $400 a month in minimum payments (the difference between what I pay now and the payment on the heloc) According to this site if I did pay off my credit cards my scores would jump over 100 points. Everything is on time, no baddies but just lots of it. This $400 a month would increase my quality of life so much. Is there any chance of getting approved with such low scores and high utilization? Currently at 73%. My student loans are also about to come off deferment and this $400 could go right towards those with a few extra bucks in my pocket each month. I'm just wondering if anyone has had experience in this. I don't want to rack of inquiries unnecessarily. 

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Heloc Q

What is the maket value/current loan balance on the first trust?

Message 2 of 3
Charger_Fan19
Contributor

Re: Heloc Q

The most recent comps are between 130k and 140k. Current balance is 85700.

Starting Score: EQ 500 TU 500 EX 500
Current Score: EQ 647 TU 685 EX 684 9/2/16 Recommitted to Fico Health! Smiley Happy
Goal Score: 700
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.