Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! 1 month from closing and collection reappears

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! 1 month from closing and collection reappears

I am closing next month and an old collection has reappeared as of yesterday. The amount is very low, $40 however through the help of this Forum, I was able to have it removed in July 2014 through GW letter. I still have the letter and it reads as follows:

"Please accept this letter as confirmation your account has been withdrawn from our files. We will request that any information our office may have forwarded to the credit reporting agencies regarding this account be deleted or removed from their records. You may wish to check with your local credit bureau to ensure that your credit file has been removed'.

I am thinking they can not legally repost this on my credit report however I need to know who do I contact for fastest reliefe, Experian or IC System?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Mommy2anAngel2007
Established Member

Re: Help! 1 month from closing and collection reappears

Contact Experian ASAP, and submit your documentation.

Message 2 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It was a voluntary deletion on their part.

The only limitation upon reinsertion under the FCRA is when the deletion occured as a result of a finding in a prior dispute of the accuracy of the reported information.

In that case, the furnisher can still reinsert, but must provide an accompanying certification of accuracy of the information, and the CRA must then notify the consumer if the information is reinserted.

A GW deletion is not the result of a finding of inaccuracy in a prior dispute.

Their reinsertion may be distasteful, but it does not violate any credit reporting reg or statute.

Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks! I think they noticed I am looking for home due to mortgage pulls on my credit. I contacted Experian and they dont show where this has been posted however, it came as an alert on myfico.com app. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.