Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help, Advice, or Forget

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help, Advice, or Forget

I have several questions and or concerns about raising my credit score. I had awesome credit upto 2010, that's when the bottom fell out of everything, after 3 deployments to the middle east and returning home to finally retire with disabilities from the military, money became tight and my financial adviser (ex-wife) was able to open several accounts during deployment and during my several years in the military, when money wasn't available for the mortgage, it went into foreclosure, several credit cards in my name became delinquent and some went into collections.

Im currently have several charge offs and 4 accounts in collections, I have managed to get this number reduced from 8 thru DV letters, although LVNV and Portfolio seems to be not budging on anything, even after sending several DV letters to them, they have never responded to my letters, I have one judgement on record that is paid in full and will be picking up my letter today to send off to EX, EQ, and TU.

I have been reading and reading about removing charge offs and haven't had any luck with getting any removed (I tried one). I also have one vehicle loan that was granted to my ex-wife thru divorce and she filed bankruptcy on it, and its listed as a charge off on my report...HOW can I get these removed soon, I have working on all of this about 1 year.

Also which sites are best for the FICO score, I have the following

My Fico - EQ 542 / TU 538 / EX 551

CreditKarma - TU 592

Quizzle - EQ 575

Im not sure why all the scores are different and were pulled on the same day.

My goal is 700 as soon as possible.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Burned2manybridgesB4
Valued Contributor

Re: Help, Advice, or Forget

Stretch of bad luck. It happens. Everything's fixable, but don't expect "overnight" results.

First off, do you know your residental state's SOL *statute of limitations, in regards to the types of debt involved?

I see cards, a forclosure, and collections...anything else?

Don't try disputing CO's, as you're most likely within SOL yet, so you don't want to poke the bear with the stick.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help, Advice, or Forget

Some of the debt came about while in California the other in Illinois where SOL is 5 and 10 years which I know Im aways out for that one.

@Burned2manybridgesB4 wrote:

Stretch of bad luck. It happens. Everything's fixable, but don't expect "overnight" results.

First off, do you know your residental state's SOL *statute of limitations, in regards to the types of debt involved?

I see cards, a forclosure, and collections...anything else?

Don't try disputing CO's, as you're most likely within SOL yet, so you don't want to poke the bear with the stick.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.