cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Can some one guide me in the right direction?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! Can some one guide me in the right direction?

Hello everyone,

I need a little guidance and was hoping that someone here may be able to point me in the right direction.

I am tryng to work on rebuilding my credit after neglecting it for over 7 years (yes, I know).  Most of my baddies have actually fallen off and I have one CO (FCNB) which is due to fall off 7/03 (it is listed in good standing).  I have two collections that I have paid off (one as recent as 2/10).  I have a default judgment that I am disputing since I have a stipulation discontinuing the action dated 5/08.  

The only account that is open is an auto loan from 7/09  which is current, never late but the original amount was $17,000 and I still owe $14,000.  I have 4 closed accounts which an aaoa of 1999.

My TU score according to myfico is 548, and it there is one account listed as seriously late, but no other information.  where do I go from her?  I live in NYC if that makes any difference. If my score is that low, will I be able to apply for cc?

Thanks

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! Can some one guide me in the right direction?

I had that same problem a while back and guiness56 stired me to this web site:

https://experian.experiandirect.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fMember%2fReportView.aspx%3fsection%3d5%2...

Thay give you one free report a year and most of the time all the information is on there. Good Luck!! 

Message 2 of 6
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I had that same problem a while back and guiness56 stired me to this web site:

https://experian.experiandirect.com/Login.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2fMember%2fReportView.aspx%3fsection%3d5%26oid%3d223956637%26SiteVersionID%3d884%26SiteID%3d100219%26Status%3dA%26sc%3d670087%26bcd%3dTAmvtA0310%26cid%3d300%26areaid%3d2%26pkgid%3dDWZ1Y%26custnum%3d63684736&section=5&oid=223956637&SiteVersionID=884&SiteID=100219&Status=A&sc=670087&bcd=TAmvtA0310&cid=300&areaid=2&pkgid=DWZ1Y&custnum=63684736

Thay give you one free report a year and most of the time all the information is on there. Good Luck!! 

Are you sure that's the link you meant to post? That only takes you to Experian. By going to annualcreditreport.com you can get all three CR's for free.
From a BK years ago to:
7/09 TU-742 EQ- 779
8/09 TU-765 EQ- 783
9/09 EX pulled by lender 802

You can do the same thing with hard work

Credit Scoring 101
Common Abbreviations
Frequently Requested Threads
Credit Problems Which Is Worse?
Whats In Your FICO Score

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did pull my cr with annualcredit back in 12/09.  I recently pulled in experian and my transunion and that is where I got this information from.

Thank you anyway, I was hoping for some guidance where to go next regarding rebuilding my credit

Message 4 of 6
hoping2rebuild
Established Contributor

I would think that adding and paying on time a CC or two would add a nice credit mix

You can always get a secured card if you don't think you'll be approved for a regular CC

Starting Score: 377EQ/350EX/400TU As of 11/2011
Current Score: 620EQ/614EX/612TU As of 01/2013
Goal Score: 700+ across the boards
Message 5 of 6
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

First repair, then you can rebuild. Try getting your baddies off your CR's first, so you'll have a better chance on getting approved for a CC.

Try sending GW letter to the CA's, to get those removed.Also keep working on the judgment.

Congrats on paying the auto loan on time.Smiley Wink Keep up the good work.

Living in New York does help, they have different laws. I think for a paid collection,it only reports for 5yrs. I wish my state had laws like that.

IMO, I would not try to get a CC right now, until your FICO score are higher. Maybe try for a secure CC or become a AU on someone elses CC.

Make sure if you become a AU, that the CC has no lates and has a longer history record,then your oldest CC.

If you havent already read the stickys at the top of the board, also check out the Education blue tab at the top...next to the Community tab.

Keep reading and learning, you will get there.Smiley Wink Oh and asking questions doesnt hurt either. lol

Edit to add.

Fico scoring sees a Paid collection and an a Unpaid collection the same.Now if you can get the collections removed you should see an increase in your FICO score.Suggest reading the first post of Credit Scoring 101, you may use the link below.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.