Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Credit Score Dropped!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Credit Score Dropped!

So I have been using this forum for about two months and have had two out of five baddies removed....my score had gone from 625 to 666. Now all of a sudden I checked it and BAM it was at 644??!!? Nothing has changed on the report, meaning no new inquires no new things removed or reporting different from when it was 666. I am very confused...And seriously sad Smiley Sad

I have been working really hard on this in hopes to by a house..And now 20 points down and nothing to show for why????

Here is the things I have on my report so any help is much appreciated.

Old Navy 30 Days late as of 2007

OPEN

Best Buy/HSBC 60 days past due as of Dec 2007
30 days past due as of Nov 2007

OPEN

Macys Account History:
90 days past due as of Apr 2008
60 days past due as of Mar 2008
30 days past due as of Feb 2008, Jul 2006

CLOSED

I have good standing accounts from Victoria secret (0 Balance), Express (0 balance) , Toyota (15,000-always on time), and all of my student loans accounts ( in defferment). I have one credit card Discover with a Credit Limit at 1500, and it has 400 on it.

I have written more goodwill to the baddies, and am waiting to hear back...but why would my score drop 20 something points when nothing appears to have changed when I compare it to the 666 score.

PLEASE HELP!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
pj421fly
Valued Member

Re: Help Credit Score Dropped!

Go back and look at your CC reporting balance from the time your score went up. I am no expert but the balance reporting can move you up and down pretty quick.

Starting Score: TU-691 EQ-681 EX-693
Current Score: TU-826 EQ-816 EX-814
Goal Score: 830+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
Booner72
Senior Contributor

Something changed or your score wouldn't have dropped.  Sometimes it's hard to figure out what it is, but if you look carefully enough, you'll find it.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Message 3 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

OP, where did your score come from and which CRA?

Look at your CR...you sent GW letters to Old Navy and Best Buy, right? Did Old Navy or BB/HSBC mark a dispute comment on either TL?

Are both reports showing $0 balances aside from Discover and the TMCC loan? Tagging onto previous poster's comment, did Discover deviate from that $400?

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone Smiley Happy

Discover is reporting the 400$, and no one marked a dispute on my accounts....except for Macys, does that count against me? They state Disputed at the bottom because I had sent 5 GW letters and they still have not budged. . This is my EX CR.

I understand if something would change a little, but i dont get the 20 point drop when I cant figure out what changed.

Thanks for the help...any other help is much appreciated Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

FAKO scores are unpredictable. Don't assume that if that dropped, your FICO would too. A dispute comment on the Macys wouldn't hurt that TL in terms of FICO.

Message 6 of 9
notmyj
Regular Contributor

The macys acct be labeled as "In Dispute" would most likely be the reason. It is my understanding that accounts that are "in dispute" are not used to calculate your score for the time that they are labeled as such. I disputed a few accts a couple weeks ago and as soon as they were tagged "In Dispute" my scores took a hit.

BK7 Filed 6/4/18
341 7/13/18
SCORES
7/19/18 Pre Discharge TU 8 572 EX 8 566
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How can I get the dispute mark off?  It states; Disputed by customer, who did not agree" .....that will probably stay on for good?

Message 8 of 9
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

How can I get the dispute mark off?  It states; Disputed by customer, who did not agree" .....that will probably stay on for good?

IMO, the dispute comment on Macys wouldn't drop your FICO score...the payment history would have been ignored and there's a high chance your EX FICO score went up.

Again, I wouldn't worry about that score on Experian since it isn't a FICO score. (Making a big assumption that it din't come from a lender)

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.