Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Credit agency tricked me!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help!! Credit agency tricked me!

They sent me a pdf letter with the credit info amount and pay dates. They also told me when i spoke to them that they needed 25 percent down to do a payment plan. They told me that i had 3000 dollars of interest. I am going to contact someone about them coming to my job. I work at a local hospital so its not easy to locate me in this big place. But to come here and tell them to call me and tell me to call this 877 number. I keep asking them to send me a document showing the debt and such they wont respond.
Message 21 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am curious how they found out where i work. For one thing they have my maiden name and keep calling me by it even though its legally changed. And have a address from 6 years ago.
Message 22 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ok so these people just called my sis and said they have certified mail and I need to contact them. I am freaking out they say I owe us bank they can not provide me a hard copy of any paper. My email is just from administrator that's all and my offer letter was dated for today but supposedly sent 45 days ago that I never got. They say it doesn't matter to us weather u pay it or not but if u 3000+ $ will be added for court cost and lawyers fees. Please did u ever find out if they were fraud.
Kassie
Message 23 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

The one I got just says administartor
Message 24 of 35
someone379
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
When  I called they answered as "corporations office" and they didn't do the "you are now notified in an attempt to collect a debt blah blah"

admin@summitrecoverysvcs.com
Summit Recovery Services
387 Magnolia Ave
Ste. 103-533
Corona, CA 92879
Peter Gibbons
@Anonymous wrote:

what is the email address it was sent from?

This is definately smelling like a scam... And Peter GIbbons?   lol, nice touch... Do a search for Peter Gibbons.

Starting Score: EQ 503 TU 478" "Current Scores: EQ >750 TU >750 EX >750
IHG (19k) | Discover IT (18k) | BCE (14.5k) | SPG (14k) | CashForward (7.5) | Citi DC (6k) | TE (5.5k) | Marriott (5k) | Citi Best Buy (5k) | Amz VISA (3k) | BofA Cash Rewards (4.5k) | FNBO 6.25% AMEX (2.3k) | Amz Store (CLOSED) | QS1 ($1.6k)
Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

This is definately smelling like a scam... And Peter GIbbons?   lol, nice touch... Do a search for Peter Gibbons. 

Haha!  Wasn't that movie about a carefully orchestrated money scam? Smiley Happy

Message 26 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I googled the address and it's a mail drop.

I googled 'Summit Recovery Services' and a suggestion at the bottom was 'Summit Recovery Services, Corona CA' which lead to a post about a series of scams.

This is almost certainly a scam.  You can follow up with the original creditor to be sure, but to these guys I would simply demand proof in writing and refuse to give any info other than your address.

Then report them to the ftc and state atty general.

Message 27 of 35
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Send a DV request, imposing a cease collection bar.

Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@RobertEG wrote:

Send a DV request, imposing a cease collection bar.

Hi Robert, 

Many people have been suggesting this is a scam. Are you saying that a DV letter would still apply if it is a scammer??  Or are you saying to send this to be safe in case it's a legitimate request?

Message 29 of 35
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Even if a scam, they are still acting as a debt collector.

If they also violate a cease collection bar that is imposed by a timely DV, you then have another and very clear violation of the FDCPA for which you can bring your own legal action, and also file a complaint to the CFPB.  I would cover all bases.......

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.