Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Credit agency tricked me!

tag
driftless
Valued Contributor

Re: Help!! Credit agency tricked me!

I would also consider contacting or passing this along to your State's Attorney General's Office and 'cc the person/agency contacting you.
CSR | Amex Platinum | EDP | QS (2)
Amex Blue Business Plus
Message 31 of 35
FireMedic1
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It is a scam. Ive gott 3 calls from these crooks. One was located in Ft.Laud. I looked them up and had a friend visit the address. It was a strip mall tinted window strip mall thing. I asked for proof of what I owe. Just got out of bankruptcy last year. They sent me a phoney looking document that I owed Discount Tire and GE Services over 1500 bucks. I called both companies. They both forward me to their legal department and I explained these crooks and gave their address. Both companies have no record of me at all presently or in the past. Tell em to go..................and hang up. I recorded thei voicemails and gave my lawyer the doument and a CD of the voicemail. Never heard back again.

Message 32 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I came across this when these people contacted me this week. This is absolutely a scam. Their address is to a "Postal Annex" in Corona California. The Postal Annex business owner told me they probably just rent a mailbox there, she denied any affiliation with them. Summit Recovery, a man named "Nathan Turner" tried to collect over $900 from me for a debt he claimed was from Target. He said if I did not pay in 24 hours I would "be served" and they would get a judgement for over $3500. He had originally contacted my 18 year old daughter and called over and over until she answered while she was at work, they dont leave messages. Then he told her I was being sued and they were looking for me which scared her. I called him back and told him nothing was reporting to my credit reports and I had no notification of this debt. He advised me that, yeah, Target prefers to go about it like this since it is more damaging to my credit if they get a judgement than just a collection. I called Target, they told me this is a scam. I did have an account default with them in 2008 but for $200, I didnt even know about it. They gave me the collection agency number. I called them, they said no way, its a scam. They have never heard of them, they do not conduct business that way and this account was well beyond the statue of limitations so I could never be sued for it anyway. I filed a complaint with the CA Attorney Generals Office and called "Nathan Turner" to let him know I knew what they were doing, that their address was a rented mailbox in a strip mall and that I had reported them. I demanded they cease and desist calling me or my family. He said "that never happened, you called me. I dont care if you pay this or not. Grow up." then hung up on me.  DO YOUR HOMEWORK!  Dont trust ANYONE.

Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello sorry to hear about your situation but in all seriousness it sounds like a total scam. I have been sent judgements and collection letters of all kinds and i have never ever received anything via email. No reputable collection company sends their paperwork through email. Collectors all want certified mail or some paper trail. It sounds like a clear attempt to scare you into giving them money. I've been taken to court twice by Wells fargo for debts and they usually use some law firm like Farrell and Seldin or something like that not some two bit operation like these guys. They probably pulled your info from some public record database and now are trying to scare you. Double check before you hand over anything. Good luck

Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Please don't pay them!! I was reading about these scammers earlier! Do a DV and check your credit for fraud. Add a fraud alert! PROTECT YOURSELF. File a report with the FTC. Scary!

Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.