Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Declined AMEX letter

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Declined AMEX letter

Help - Can someone decipher this letter??

Does this mean AMEX thinks I owe them $2,200?

Thanks!

American Express 

PO Box 31525

Salt Lake City, UT 84131

September 08, 2011

Reference:  60 02264 USD

Dear John,

Thank you for your recent application for the Premier Rewards Gold Card from American Express.  We do value your desire to establish a relationship with us.  We regret that we are unable to approve your request.

Reason(s) for Our Decision

American Express cancelled your previous account(s).

An important notice concerning your rights is included.  The creditor is American Express Centurion Bank.

Applicants who were not approved for a new account at one time may qualify in the future. You are welcome to apply for any of our cards, but please wait at least 30 days before submitting a new application.

To learn more about protecting your credit, visit our Consumer Resources page at www.americanexpress.com/consumerresources.  If you have any questions, please call 800-567-1083 or write to us at the address above.

Thank you for your interest in our service.

Sincerely,

Removed a name

SVP and General Manager

TW/ag

This customer service email was sent to you by American Express New Accounts Customer Service to provide important information about your application.  You may receive customer service emails even if you have requested not to receive email marketing offers from American Express.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
mxp114
Valued Contributor

Re: Help Declined AMEX letter

Remove your reference number and yes they do blacklist people, apparently forever. AmEx never forgets Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

MX,

I removed the beginning digits before the post.

Just trying to figure out who to call at AMEX

J

Message 3 of 4
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I'd call them. Per the "USD", I dunno. Dollar amt? Part of an acct #? And yes, they never forget if you ever owed $$$ to them or your company ever owed $$$ to them and had the card in your name. However, once paid they do soften up and they do backdate.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.