cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!! Dispute gone wrong..What have I done?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!! Dispute gone wrong..What have I done?

I filed a dispute with EX and EQ to correct dates on a charged off Target CC account. 

TU reflects this and what EX and EQ used to: 

Status as of [?]Aug, 2007

Date opened [?] Sep, 2003

Date of last activity [?] Aug, 2007

Date paid out [?] Aug, 2007

Date closed [?] Sep, 2006

Account number [?] XXXXXXXXXXXX

Loan type [?] Credit Card

Credit limit [?] $1,500

Largest past balance [?] $2,287

Terms [?] Not Reported

Account Type [?] Revolving Account

Account holder [?] Individual Account

Scheduled payment amount [?] Not Reported

I was lied to (shocker) by some sort of collections person/attorney saying it would reflect paid on time from 10/06 til it was  paid off.  I accepted a settlement offer in 08/07  and paid it.

My dispute asked to correct dates based on what I was told. 

Instead I got this:    They wiped out all prior payment history, and starting reporting KD on EX and R/F on EQ from April 2009. Both say Charged off as of April 2009 instead of starting 09/06.    EQ dropped my score 30 points and says it's because I have a recent missed payment, 2 months ago (April 2009). EX dropped 57 points. There are no other accounts reflecting a missed payment in the past 2 years or other major changes. The DOFD hasn't changed as it's due to fall off in 2012.  I need to get this fixed ASAP as we are in the middle of house buying (I know, should have left it alone..) and have just put an offer on a house.  We already have pre-approval and they pulled reports prior to the change, but I'm worried they will pull them again at closing time and mess everything up.   What do I do?  Call Target? Write the CRAs and/or Target NB a letter? Help!!!  I just want it changed back to the above entry!

Paid in settlement. $2,287 written off.

Status Details:
This account is scheduled to continue on record until Nov 2012.
This item was verified and updated on May 2009.

Date Opened:
09/2003
Reported Since:
04/2009
Date of Status:
05/2009
Last Reported:
05/2009
Type:
Revolving
Terms:
NA
Monthly Payment:
$0
Responsibility:
Individual
Credit Limit/Original Amount:
$1,500
High Balance:
$2,287
Recent Balance:
NA
Recent Payment:
NA
      Account History:
 Charge Off as of Apr 2009

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
BungalowMo
Senior Contributor

Re: Help!! Dispute gone wrong..What have I done?

Here's a bump to the top for you.

Who's reporting?  The CA you made the agreement with??

BK 7 discharge 06.24.2020 No Fico score at all. Smiley Sad
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Target NB is reporting it.
Message 3 of 7
aquatic1
Established Contributor

Target did the same thing to me.  I have alreadys ent 2 letters via planet feedback and a email through my online account eith them.  Still no luck.  Target is really getting on ly last nerves with how they decided to change how they wre reporting as well as basically saying one thing and doing a totally different thing!!!!!!!

goodluck 

Starting Score: EX:603
Current Score: EX:603 (10/16/19)
Goal Score: EX:740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would say it is the new changes in dates that is causing the trouble. The date of status, last reported, etc.

You can try calling Target and seeing if they can fix it, but if you are in the middle of closing, I'm not sure it will be fixed before you close.

Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats what I was thinking..  My mortgage broker pulled my TU report this morning and said everything looked fine, so I think I've temporarily dodged a bullet.  Nothing has changed on my TU account, thank goodness.  TU was previously my mid score at 639, so I'm guessing that's why he just pulled the one.

We got a closing date of July 27th, so that is a little more time that I expected to have.  I called Experian and talked to an actual person (I didn't know they *had* real people working there, everything I've ever gotten from them were form letters/replies), they are refiling the dispute to put the dates back the way they were.  Also mailed Target a letter with printouts of the different reporting and asked them to fix it.   I'm digging for some old papers to mail as proof that the dates are incorrect in case I need them :/  

Sigh.  I'm still kicking myself for messing with it.  

Message Edited by lha2009 on 06-16-2009 08:04 PM
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

I sent a letter in the mail.  I can't email through my CC account since it's been charged off the account is not accessible to me.  Anyone have a number for Target NB that goes directly to the reporting department?  I hate trying to weed through all the front line people to get to the right person.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.