Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Do not know what to do

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! Do not know what to do

This is my situation. I had a bill from  November 2010 from an electric company.

On February 2011, I received a letter from a collection agency trying to collect on the account.

On Feb18,2011 ,  I Paid the full amount to the OC. Then again on March 2011 I received another letter

from the CA requesting payment. I called the OC and told them about the letter. the lady on

the phone said not to worry about because it was paid and they were going to let the collection agency know

then on April 2, 2011 the collection agency posted the unpaid collection on my credit report..

I called the collection agency and told them that I had already paid this account. They told me

to fax then copy of the receipt that it was paid. Now the collection agency updated the account to show

zero balance. My problem is that I'm in the process of buying a house and this will kill the deal.

Please help is there something I can do to have this account remove legally, since I never paid the CA

and they posted the entry on my credit reports after I made the payment to the OC.

Thanks, your input will be gladly appreciated.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help! Do not know what to do

I'd call the CA and ask them to delete.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.