cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help...Fidelity Information Corporation won't validate!!

tag
cappucino24
Valued Member

Help...Fidelity Information Corporation won't validate!!

Hello...

Ok...I'm at my wits end with the removal of this bogus collection showing up on my credit reports. This is an old landlord who is lying to get more money from my ex-husband and I. This is also showing on his report, so if we both pay he would recieve double the amount. In any event, this entire account is simply not true! This man even gave the leasing manager where I live now rave reviews about our rental history and character. When I initially received the letter from this company I disputed and asked them to validate. They didn't. I sent another CMRR this year to their office and registered agent local in my state (actually is in my city) and no response. I threatened to sue them for no repsonse and looks like that's what they want from me. I disputed with all 3 credit bureaus and the investigation results state "validated". I don't see how. I have no contract with this person, no revolving line of credit, etc.

I'm at my wits end! Help please! What should I do next?

This is how it reports on TU. On EX date open is 2/1/2010 (if that makes a difference). I noticed when I disputed in Jan/2012  they reported DEROG for March and April causing my scores to go down. Smiley Sad

FID INFO CRP
Old - 05/13/2012

Creditor Name:
FID INFO CRP  
Account No.:xxxxx  
Original Creditor:a jack...  
Responsibility:Joint  
Condition:Derogatory  
Original Balance:$1,125  
Balance:$1,162  
Date Opened:02/11/2010  
Date Reported:04/01/2012  
Remarks:Placed for collection  

Starting Score: EQ 593
Current Score: EQ (sw) 635, TU (sw) 661, EX 635 (lender pull
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
kjm79
Valued Contributor

Re: Help...Fidelity Information Corporation won't validate!!

Send the CRA copies of your return receipt showing they haven't provided verification. 

If you or your husband DO pay it, then the account is satisfied.  They can't collect the full balance from both of you.  If he was your landlord didn't you have a rental agreement of some type?  Do you what this collection is for?  Unpaid rent?  Damages to the property?  How long ago did this supposed debt happen? 

CH 7 Filed 7/27/15 Discharged 11/16/15
Starting Score: EQ 620 TU 568 EX 593
Current Score (07/13/16): EQ 674 TU 649 EX 674 (FICO's 08)
Cap1 QS ($5350) (Combined QS and QS1) Discover It ($4100) MilStar ($8,600) Fingerhut ($800)
Off to the garden 05/01/16
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help...Fidelity Information Corporation won't validate!!

I am going through the EXACT same thing with Fidelity. I sent them certified letters in March for a PFD, no response. I called in May to find out why no response and she said offering 25% of the original balance wasn't enough. (They didn't bother to send a counter or let me know they got the letter) I offered $325 of an original balance of $1445, which is being reported as $2262 because of interest since 2006. The next day they did a hard pull. I sent a certified letter to Experian and Fidelity requesting a debt validation from Fidelity, and demanding the hard pull be removed from Experian. My letter came back undelivarable for Experian even though it was the correct address from their website and the woman over the phone verified it was correct. (Wasted money). 

Experian said they can't undo reported hard pulls (RIDICULOUS) and I said Fidelity had no permissable purpose as they are not a creditor and have loaned me no money to need to see my credit report. I then argued, what can stop them from pulling every month and trashing my score?!

Fidelity never responded to my debt validation letter and I called them yesterday and got a bunch of BS and  I mailed a 50% payoff offer today to settle and am not requiring that it be deleted, just settled so I can get this mortgage.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.