cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! GC Services - Just got letter under my maiden name which I haven't used for over 10 years

tag
electra
Established Contributor

Re: Help! GC Services - Just got letter under my maiden name which I haven't used for over 10 years

Thanks Shogun.  I looked and found an Attorney on Yelp. Going to call him Monday.  

Message 11 of 15
Mish0817
Regular Contributor

Re: Help! GC Services - Just got letter under my maiden name which I haven't used for over 10 years

When I didn't pay a traffic ticket, they suspended not only my license but my both my car registrations. I'd call dmv and find out more details or  you can send letter (and payment for copies) to any court here in ca and get a copies of compllete case file.   Just call court clerk give case number, they'll tell you how many pages are in file and what cost per page send sase for return and you'll know what's going on 

Eq 675
TU 681
Ex your guess is as goodas mine!

Nfcu Cash Rewards 15000, Nfcu nRewards Mc 15000, Walmart 600, Target 400, VS 650,Capital one 3750, Us Bank 300, Discover 4500,Citi DP 1500, Chase Freedom 2000. And I'm done...... no more cards just going to tend my garden
Message 12 of 15
electra
Established Contributor

Update:  Found multiple reports of these guys sending bogus demand letters for old, paid traffic violations (as well as loads of other horrible behavior).  I'm thinking they must just look through old public records and send out demands like this, figuring you won't have records to prove you've paid and just pay them out of fear.

I'm going to call the County Recorder's office Tuesday and see if they can tell me if they show it as paid and order a copy.  I'll also go ahead and call that Attorney.

Message 13 of 15
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Very good.  It's not the CA that would worry me, it's if you have an unpaid ticket with the courts that I would want to handle.  Good Luck.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 14 of 15
QAMngrGirl
Frequent Contributor

GC Services IS the worst of the worst. Good Luck!

Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.