Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help - GW letter, another try??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help - GW letter, another try??

History- Fidelity Investments CC - 10/07 balance - $100 11/07 paid 100 (forgot interest) 12/07 moved and thought balance was paid off. 2/08 - checking up on credit score - dropped b/c of 60 day late payment. called Fidelity and found out $7 left on card with 2 late fees attached. This is totally my fault and really stupid I didnt transfer my address or just keep up with all cc statements. Anyway, wrote a GW letter to see what we could do. Wrote back that they were correct in reporting the late payments. (never said they were wrong) ANYWAY should I keep writing to them? What do I write?Send same letter? Help! This is my only late payment on my FICO score for the 7 year credit history - unfortunately it is a 60 LATE on credit. Yikes! What to do!
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help - GW letter, another try??

foundthelight wrote:
History- Fidelity Investments CC - 10/07 balance - $100 11/07 paid 100 (forgot interest) 12/07 moved and thought balance was paid off. 2/08 - checking up on credit score - dropped b/c of 60 day late payment. called Fidelity and found out $7 left on card with 2 late fees attached. This is totally my fault and really stupid I didnt transfer my address or just keep up with all cc statements. Anyway, wrote a GW letter to see what we could do. Wrote back that they were correct in reporting the late payments. (never said they were wrong) ANYWAY should I keep writing to them? What do I write?Send same letter? Help! This is my only late payment on my FICO score for the 7 year credit history - unfortunately it is a 60 LATE on credit. Yikes! What to do!

I would write a new GW, thank them for their response. Tell them that you agree they are correct in their reporting, you were indeed late. However, what happened was that you moved, forget to pay the interest, didn't get address forwarded, blah, blah, blah.

Explain that this 60 day late is not accurate in representing who you are or how you pay your bills. Out of all the history on your CR this is the only late showing. You have been a customer of theirs for XX years and have never paid late.

This was a simple mistake on your part and you are asking for their "goodwill" in removing the negative notation on your CR.

blah blah blah

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.