cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Going from Toy Cards to Higher limit cards?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! Going from Toy Cards to Higher limit cards?

It seems that the trick to getting decent CLI's from Cap One is to run a LOT of money through them and pay them all the way down multiple times per month, letting only a small amount report. I just got a $500 and a $1000 dollar increase on my Cap One cards ($300/$500) after months of 'your score is too low' replies. And that's with a mid-500 score.

I started using my Cap One cards for everyday expenses (instead of cash or debit card) in December. 

Message 21 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got an increase on mu cap 1 platinum master card from 300.00 to 600.00 after six months. I kept very high balances but paid several times a month. They then approved me for the credit steps for five months. Started at 300.00 the letter said I will get a increase of 500.00. Will wait and see. Should happen in April once last statement is cut.
Message 22 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

The second approval was for a quick silver card. Credit steps.
Message 23 of 27
Seangar
New Contributor

I was just approved for Chase Freedom Smiley Happy

(said I qualified on the pre selector page)

2000 CL, it's not much...but I'm happy regardless. My first real card. Myfico was 670 eq....656 tu....ex is froozen

Considering recon'ing and asking for a higher limit, I dont wanna get greedy though. 

Message 24 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Seangar wrote:

I was just approved for Chase Freedom Smiley Happy

(said I qualified on the pre selector page)

2000 CL, it's not much...but I'm happy regardless. My first real card. Myfico was 670 eq....656 tu....ex is froozen

Considering recon'ing and asking for a higher limit, I dont wanna get greedy though. 

Grats on your new Chase Freedom card Smiley Happy

It would be a second HP to try and raise the limit.

Message 25 of 27
tld1104
Contributor

I am in the same boat myself...anyone know who Barclay pulls?

Starting Score: 3/2014 - TU FICO 566, EQ FICO 569, EX FICO 563
Current Score: TU FICO 684, EQ FICO 662, EX FICO 664
Goal Score: 700+

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 26 of 27
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@tld1104 wrote:

I am in the same boat myself...anyone know who Barclay pulls?

Usually TU but they can pull from the other 2 as well, I suggest you google the credit pulls database and check who they are apt to pull in your state. You can also Google Who Gave Me Credit for more info,

Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.