Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! I am ready to start!

tag
terebe65
Established Member

Help! I am ready to start!

Hello all, I am ready to start rebuilding. I got a new job and i want to start bringing up my credit score. I use mycreditkeeper.com for my credit info. my credit score according to mycreditkeeper.com is transunion: 592 and experian: 574 nothing for equifax. It also doesn't give me the date the accounts went into charge off or delinquent. so here we go. i want to start with two at a time.

credit first

date opened 05/2005

amount: 396

comments: Amt Past Due Value is Charge Off Amt ( esperian)

Charge Account  Paid profit and loss ( transunion)

Sears: SEARS/CBSD

date opened: 09/2004

amount: 895

comments:Charge Account 
 Account information disputed by consumer ( only transunion reporting).

The SOL in Connecticut is 6yrs for credit cards. Thank you all in advance.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: Help! I am ready to start!

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The SOL is from DOFD (Date of First Delinquency) which you have not stated. 

Using a CMS is good to monitor your reports but third party reports usually have important information missing. I would obtain my credit reports from annualcreditreport.com for the most up to date information. 

Your sores from the CMS are also not FICO scores. There are very few places to obtain your FICO score, here on MYFICO (if obtain from here google discounts for MYFICO) just know you can only obtain EQ and TU here not EX, a mortgage lender can obtain your FICO scores, a select few banks can offer you your FICO scores, you can purchase your FICO score from EQ directly (they make it a little difficult to find on website but it is there), you can purchase your FICO score from trunsunioncs directly, and you can obtain your EX FICO score from PSECU (a CU in PA).

In what you can do for those charged-off accounts would be to GW them since they are paid. Do a search on forums for GW letters and see examples. 

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 3
MarineVietVet
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help! I am ready to start!

@JM-AM wrote:

Hi and welcome to the forum.

The SOL is from DOFD (Date of First Delinquency) which you have not stated. 

Using a CMS is good to monitor your reports but third party reports usually have important information missing. I would obtain my credit reports from annualcreditreport.com for the most up to date information. 

Your sores from the CMS are also not FICO scores. There are very few places to obtain your FICO score, here on MYFICO (if obtain from here google discounts for MYFICO) just know you can only obtain EQ and TU here not EX, a mortgage lender can obtain your FICO scores, a select few banks can offer you your FICO scores, you can purchase your FICO score from EQ directly (they make it a little difficult to find on website but it is there), you can purchase your FICO score from trunsunioncs directly, and you can obtain your EX FICO score from PSECU (a CU in PA).

In what you can do for those charged-off accounts would be to GW them since they are paid. Do a search on forums for GW letters and see examples. 

A slight typo. It s actually transunioncs.com (note the -cs on the end).

From a BK years ago to:
EX - 9/09 pulled by lender 802, EQ - 10/10-813, TU - 10/10-774

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem".

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.