cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help I don't know were too begin!

tag
ksthomas30

Help I don't know were too begin!

I currently have credit scores of EX 587, TU 624, EQ 564. I have 8 collections on EQI, 14 collections on EX and 8 collections on TU. Mostly are medical bills 5 of which appear on each and are from the same company NCO, should I pdf them all at once. And if all the CA's refuse PDF's, should I just settle on a agreed payment, if so will this lower my score even more since it will not help raise it. And once I do pay them all am I allowed to go back and dispute these paid Accts to possibly get them removed or do GW letter. I notice that my one credit card does not report to equifax, is it worth applying for a new secured credit card to help raise my scores. Or will applying for new credit hurt my score even more? Can anyone recommend anything else that may help raise my score quickly? I pay my credit card on time every month but I have a high balance on it so I do plan on paying the full balance on my credit card for at least the next few months. I pay my car and student loan payments on time every month. Thanks KST
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help I don't know were too begin!

@ksthomas30 wrote:
I currently have credit scores of EX 587, TU 624, EQ 564. I have 8 collections on EQI, 14 collections on EX and 8 collections on TU. Mostly are medical bills 5 of which appear on each and are from the same company NCO, should I pdf them all at once.
And if all the CA's refuse PDF's, should I just settle on a agreed payment, if so will this lower my score even more since it will not help raise it.  
And once I do pay them all am I allowed to go back and dispute these paid Accts to possibly get them removed or do GW letter.
I notice that my one credit card does not report to equifax, is it worth applying for a new secured credit card to help raise my scores. Or will applying for new credit hurt my score even more?
Can anyone recommend anything else that may help raise my score quickly? I pay my credit card on time every month but I have a high balance on it so I do plan on paying the full balance on my credit card for at least the next few months. I pay my car and student loan payments on time every month. Thanks KST

Yes, if you have the money to do a PFD on all these, bundle them together and submit your offer.

I always advocate the paying of the accounts.  Keeps the bottom feeder CAs from showing up later in the game.  Try for the PFDs, don't give up just because they say no once.  Keep working it a bit, maybe move up the ladder, find a VP or CEO or something of the sort.  They can say No many times, but it only takes 1 yes!

You can only dispute these if you have a valid reason.  Just because they are on your CR is not a valid reason.  You can GW them or you can go the HIPPA route.  Not allowed to discuss that here but you can google it.

You can contact your CC company and ask that they report.  When opening a new card you take a bit of a hit, 1 because of a new Inquiry, and 2 because it lowers your AAoA.  These heal with a little time.

Pay down your Util, this is one of the best ways to raise your score.  Most say to keep it at 9% or lower.  And keep paying everything on time.

Good Luck!

Edited because I missed a line.  oops.

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 2 of 5
ksthomas30

Thanks for your help!!
Message 3 of 5
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

You're welcome.  Now go get them!

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 4 of 5
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

I would first, as a preliminary matter, determine the SOL status of each debt.  Its important to know, prior to taking any action, whether legal action on their part is still an option.

Payment will, of course, eliminate any legal action.  If outside SOL, then pursuit of PFDs in pretty safe, but of course does not guarantee acceptance.

If the refuse to delete, you can wait for the normal CR exclusion period to expire, which will result in the inability of others to become aware of the existence of the unpaid debt by a simple pull of your CR.  However, that does not preclude others from still becoming aware of the unpaid, delinquent debt.  Only payment will assure that.  Possible future repercussions are not limited only to FICO score.  You take your chances by deciding not to pay delinquent debt.

Dispute after payment is not precluded, but any dispute requires that you assert an actual inaccuracy in their reporting.  What is the inaccuracy, and if it exists, why not dipute now?   While disputing after payment does not establsh accuracy of the prior reporting, it does place some inference .....

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.