Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!! I feel like I am stuck...

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help!!! I feel like I am stuck...

I am not having any luck with using the PFD letters for medical collections. What am I missing? I have sent letters. I have called the CA to ask if we could work something out. I have called the OC who says they cannot access old accounts. I feel like I am stuck. What is the best process to get these removed? I can pay off the balances in full, but I want them removed from my credit report. HELP!!!!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help!!! I feel like I am stuck...

you:  OC, you said that you can't access old accounts?

OC:  that's what I said.

you: then how can you possible validate or verify that this account belongs to me, that the charged services were provided or that the amounts are correct?  Am I simply supposed to take your word on it?

OC:  uhhhhh, but that is all we see in the system.....

you:  look, I am not a difficult person.  I would hate to find out that you over charged or failed to credit my account for payments received from me or an insurance company or that you have sent to collections the portion of the bill you agreed not to seek payment for in your agreement with the insurance company!  You can understand that, can't you?  You are telling me that you can't tell me how the amount was arrived at?  Would YOU pay it?

OC:  I see your point, but if you had paid back then....<you cut off OC>

you:  paid what?  You can't even say what the bill is truly for!

>>>> keep looping until OC gets a tad flustered....

you:  Look!  As I said, I am a reasonable person.  You can't establish what I owe or what I would owe for.  I simply would love to put this whole nastiness behind me, SOoooooo, here is what I am willing to do:  YOU (OC) pull the account back from the CA, and we both know you can do this, and I will simply pay off the balance on the account and be done with it.  Agree?

Most will agree.

If the OC continues to be difficult,

State the following:  OC, imagine, if you will, you are in court and looking at the judge.  I play back this conversation where you admit that you can't establish what I owe you or how you came up with that number....and that you sent this to collections which caused me damage..... how much do you think the judge will award me?

Smiley Very Happy

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 9
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Momof5 wrote:

you: then how can you possible validate or verify that this account belongs to me, that the charged services were provided or that the amounts are correct?  Am I simply supposed to take your word on it?

you:  look, I am not a difficult person.  I would hate to find out that you over charged or failed to credit my account for payments received from me or an insurance company or that you have sent to collections the portion of the bill you agreed not to seek payment for in your agreement with the insurance company!  You can understand that, can't you?  You are telling me that you can't tell me how the amount was arrived at?  Would YOU pay it?

you:  Look!  As I said, I am a reasonable person.  You can't establish what I owe or what I would owe for.  I simply would love to put this whole nastiness behind me, SOoooooo, here is what I am willing to do:  YOU (OC) pull the account back from the CA, and we both know you can do this, and I will simply pay off the balance on the account and be done with it.  Agree?

Most will agree.

State the following:  OC, imagine, if you will, you are in court and looking at the judge.  I play back this conversation where you admit that you can't establish what I owe you or how you came up with that number....and that you sent this to collections which caused me damage..... how much do you think the judge will award me?

Smiley Very Happy

Priceless, LOL....

OP you can also Google the HIPAA Process and contact its creator for help though I would only do so if there is 0 chance of getting done any other way.

Message 3 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Momof5 wrote:

Most will agree.

Smiley Very Happy

One caveat - Thats only true IF the account was not sold, but merely assigned to a collector.

Message 4 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do I find out if it they were sold vs assiged to CA

Message 5 of 9
gearsofwar421
Established Member

I'd go with Wat momof5 stated
Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

That's priceless I agree, but I imagine a scenario where the employee is just lazy or generally diasagreeable. So make sure when you are having that conversation, you are speaking with not only a supervisor, but one high up on the food chain if you know what I'm saying.

You are dealing with a hospital? It's easy to find out who's in charge on their websites in most cases.
Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

I did call to speak with the billing department on yesterday, who again told me they have no way of pulling up old accounts and that is what they have been told to tell us. I asked then how do you get paid when I pay the CA, she said we put on a note on your account and put in a zero balance on your account. I asked what is the balance on my account right now. She said it was a zero balance.  Yes I am working with a hospital. I am going to call back today to try to speak with a supervisor.

Message 8 of 9
Momof5
Frequent Contributor

Have the hospital send you a copy of their record that shows you have a zero balance.

Hospitals are not likely to sell a debt to a JDB. 

I would then send a copy of the zero balance letter from the hospital to the CA and state that you don't owe the hospital anything, that they need to send the acct back to the hospital and delete from CR.....'because obviously this was sent in error....'

Starting Score: 472
Current Score: EQ:703 TU: 729 EX:737
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.