Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Looking to app new cards to rebuild

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! Looking to app new cards to rebuild

Hi All!

I am trying to restablish my credit file after cleaning up a lot of negatives and bad debt that has been lingering. I have managed to get down to three small credit card charge offs (less than $1000 each) which are due to age off in two years and no inquiries at all.

I currently have nothing in my name and I am looking to open some new accounts to begin the rebuilding process since my score has remained unchanged for some time, around 555 FICO. I have been a stay at home mom for the past five years so obtaining credit would have been impossible with zero I come and many derogs on my file. I have just returned to work and want to app some new cards. What is the best way I should go about doing this? Any advice is appreciated!
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! Looking to app new cards to rebuild

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi All!

I am trying to restablish my credit file after cleaning up a lot of negatives and bad debt that has been lingering. I have managed to get down to three small credit card charge offs (less than $1000 each) which are due to age off in two years and no inquiries at all.

I currently have nothing in my name and I am looking to open some new accounts to begin the rebuilding process since my score has remained unchanged for some time, around 555 FICO. I have been a stay at home mom for the past five years so obtaining credit would have been impossible with zero I come and many derogs on my file. I have just returned to work and want to app some new cards. What is the best way I should go about doing this? Any advice is appreciated!

I would start with an app for a Cap One Platinum card. If denied app for the Secured card, and then app for an Open Sky card.

Are those charge offs reporting an unpaid balance?

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Two of them are reporting a balance. One is not.
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Two of them are reporting a balance. One is not.

You'll need to get those settled as soon as you can so your scores can recover. Those balances are included in your UTI% portion of your FICO scores. Getting them to $0 should be a priority in order to rehab your scores.

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.