tlr1212

Help Me!!

I had a score of 586 and after being late on my credit cards for 90 days, my credit score is now 449!!! Please help me find out where to start in making good on my credit cards! I've had them for 3 yrs and I was never late until the last 3 months when my finances got tight!

Regular Contributor
BIRDWRITER

Re: Help Me!!

Do you have any money to pay on them? If so, I would suggest immediately contacting each CC company, explain your circumstances, and ask for a repayment plan. At this point, the worst thing you can do is ignore them. If you do, they will go to collection/charge-off, which will damage your credit even more, and you will risk being sued.:smileysad:

LIGHTNIN

Re: Help Me!!

Hi tlr1212....and Welcome to the forums,

I agree with birdwriter. Are your  finances any better now? How many cards are you behind on?

Are there any expenses you can cut back on?? or have you already done that?

Sorry for all the questions.:smileysad:  We would need a little more info to help you.

Don't feel bad....most of us have been where you are now. Look forward to hearing from you:smileywink: 

FICO's Oct 2013 TU711 EQ713 EX723~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}