Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners

Help Me!!

I had a score of 586 and after being late on my credit cards for 90 days, my credit score is now 449!!! Please help me find out where to start in making good on my credit cards! I've had them for 3 yrs and I was never late until the last 3 months when my finances got tight!

Regular Contributor

Re: Help Me!!

Do you have any money to pay on them? If so, I would suggest immediately contacting each CC company, explain your circumstances, and ask for a repayment plan. At this point, the worst thing you can do is ignore them. If you do, they will go to collection/charge-off, which will damage your credit even more, and you will risk being sued.Smiley Sad

Senior Contributor

Re: Help Me!!

Hi tlr1212....and Welcome to the forums,

I agree with birdwriter. Are your  finances any better now? How many cards are you behind on?

Are there any expenses you can cut back on?? or have you already done that?

Sorry for all the questions.Smiley Sad  We would need a little more info to help you.

Don't feel bad....most of us have been where you are now. Look forward to hearing from youSmiley Wink 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.