Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Me!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Me!!

I had a score of 586 and after being late on my credit cards for 90 days, my credit score is now 449!!! Please help me find out where to start in making good on my credit cards! I've had them for 3 yrs and I was never late until the last 3 months when my finances got tight!

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
BIRDWRITER
Regular Contributor

Re: Help Me!!

Do you have any money to pay on them? If so, I would suggest immediately contacting each CC company, explain your circumstances, and ask for a repayment plan. At this point, the worst thing you can do is ignore them. If you do, they will go to collection/charge-off, which will damage your credit even more, and you will risk being sued.Smiley Sad

Message 2 of 3
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Re: Help Me!!

Hi tlr1212....and Welcome to the forums,

I agree with birdwriter. Are your  finances any better now? How many cards are you behind on?

Are there any expenses you can cut back on?? or have you already done that?

Sorry for all the questions.Smiley Sad  We would need a little more info to help you.

Don't feel bad....most of us have been where you are now. Look forward to hearing from youSmiley Wink 

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.