cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Midland collection change from Collection to Charge Off!!!

tag
C6Guy
Established Member

Re: Help! Midland collection change from Collection to Charge Off!!!

Thank you all for the prompt response it's a relief to hear all this. I'm literally freaking out about this my equifax score was 694 fico and dropped 42 pints per credit karma.y other worry is adverse action is it possible that any of my creditors close my accounts because the status changes and looks worst than it is?
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

As long as he doesnt enter any payment, payment agreement that should be the case right?

I thought that if you enter into a new agreement or make a payment on it then it can be reported as a new-debt or retoll the clock.

That's for statute of limitations, not credit reporting.

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@C6Guy wrote:
Thank you all for the prompt response it's a relief to hear all this. I'm literally freaking out about this my equifax score was 694 fico and dropped 42 pints per credit karma.y other worry is adverse action is it possible that any of my creditors close my accounts because the status changes and looks worst than it is?

Doubtful. I don't believe CCs can take that kind of adverse action any longer. 

CK uses Vantage scoring, which is a bit over-reactive to changes in your credit report. I doubt your FICO took that much of a hit.

Message 13 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

As long as he doesnt enter any payment, payment agreement that should be the case right?

I thought that if you enter into a new agreement or make a payment on it then it can be reported as a new-debt or retoll the clock.

That's for statute of limitations, not credit reporting.

Great clarification , thank you for that info.

Message 14 of 15
C6Guy
Established Member

Thanks a lot everybody for the support I was genuinely having a freak out. I tried to settle with them never owning to the debt but insisted in pay for deletion and midland didn't want to play ball. Wow just can't believe how underhanded their tactics can be. Wow...
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.