Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Midland got me !!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Midland got me !!!!

I had a collection with Verizon that dissapeared from my credit report and then about a month later reappeared as a collection with Midland ! My Verizon acct was about to drop off and now its been redated with midland as 6/2012 !!! So do I pa this account ? I know they wont PIF ! And GW Is impossible with them , Will not paying this help me at all ? Not sure what to do !!!!! Thanks

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
jules0580
Regular Contributor

Re: Help Midland got me !!!!

Someone else that knows more will hopefully chime in but from what Ive read, this should still have to fall off the same time the Verzion was supposed to fall off, if you dont pay it. I believe legally it still has to be removed at the 7.5 year mark from the date of first deliquency. So you can report it to BBB if it does not.

Message 2 of 9
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

The 6/2012 is the opening date or dofd? If its dofd, their in serious violation. The opening date can be recent as Midland will report the date they purchased the debt. The dofd should be same as Verizon account.
Message 3 of 9
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

So if Verizon fell off or falling of soon due to 7.5 year reporting period. Midland must fall off as well.
Message 4 of 9
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

I've been disputing a Tribute Master card with them for 6 months now and they are tough. I hope that you have better success with them than I did.

Message 5 of 9
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

@sassy_Taurus, I have same issue with Midland. Collecting on an old imagine card. I filed bbb complaint. Still waiting for outcome
Message 6 of 9
Sassy_Taurus
Frequent Contributor

@bodybuilder510 wrote:
@Sassy_Taurus, I have same issue with Midland. Collecting on an old imagine card. I filed bbb complaint. Still waiting for outcome

I also filed with the BBB. They still are not budging. It's bad because I don't recall having tribute. The response back to the BBB was to have me file a police report or submit a notarized affidavit saying that someone stole my identity.

Message 7 of 9
bodybuilder510
Regular Contributor

If you truly believe its not yours, I would definitely file a police report.
Message 8 of 9
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

You need to get the DOFD on the OC account, thus fixing the date of normal CR deletion.

If the reporting by the debt collector was actually an update of the DOFD, which I highly doubt, they would be in serious violation of FCRA 623(a)(5).

I would first suggest digging out an old CR when the OC was still reporting.  If the OC ever reported a DOFD, the debt collector reporting requirement would be fixed in stone as the same date reported by the OC.

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.