cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help!!!! - Need to boost score & dont know what to pay first (This is all very confusing)

tag
CarolSoFla

Help!!!! - Need to boost score & dont know what to pay first (This is all very confusing)

Hi everyone

I'm new to the forum and I'm trying to clean my credit and boost my score but I am lost and dont know where to start. I have some money that I can use to pay off balances but dont know if I should pay the high balances first or the low balances to get a faster/bigger boost to my score, I have 12 collection accounts that I want to focus on as my starting point. After reading the forums I think the pay for delete method may work for me but I have so many questions - are they past the SOL? Do I go after the larger ones first? do i offer a settlement amount in the pay for delete instead of the full amount? Can I get these deleted quickly? How soon will I see a change in my score?

I just dont want to make any mistakes.

I'll try to add a snapshot of my collection accounts

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
CarolSoFla

Re: Help!!!! - Need to boost score & dont know what to pay first (This is all very confusing)

Message 2 of 3
AndySoCal
Valued Contributor

Re: Help!!!! - Need to boost score & dont know what to pay first (This is all very confusing)

I would start by doing a couple of things.  Search for your state laws on the statue of limitations on the types debts you to collection agencies.  Secondly find out who owns the debt ie the collection agency or the original creditor. I would od this by calling the original creditor not the collection agency. A creditor can assign the debt to the collection agency or they can sell the debt to the collection agency.  If the has been assigned you have a couple of options if the debt has been sold you have option(s)..

FICO Scores XPN v8 802 V2 831 (SDFCU) TUC 803 v8 EFX 807 (10/2023)
Discover 09/90 19,000, JCPenney 10/2008 4,700 US Bank Cash 12,000 Citibank Custom Cash 5/2015 11,100 State Dept. FCU 15,000 06/2023 , 02/2024 Redstone FCU Signature VISA 10,000 Banking: Ally Bank Credit Unions: Lafayette FCU Fortera FCU State Department FCU Pelican CU

Pelican State CU Redstone FCU

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.