cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed Figuring Out Next Steps.

tag
leoncia

Help Needed Figuring Out Next Steps.

After several emails back and forth with a collection agency that reported an account to all three CRAs only AFTER I paid, I received the following message:

Thank you for your inquiry.  Your account has been closed in our office returned to [ORIGINAL CREDITOR].  Please direct future correspondence, questions or requests to [ORIGINAL CREDITOR].

Best Regards,

What does this mean for me? It's still on my credit report as of this AM, but of course, this email was also sent this am.  How can I get this off my report in its entirety? Should I contact the original creditor? 

Confused, and could use some advice.

Many thanks.

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
BearWebb85
Contributor

Re: Help Needed Figuring Out Next Steps.

When a similar situation happened to me the CA was removed from my credit reports.  Is the OC showing on your report as well?  If so I would try to work out a PFD with them before they sell it to a CA.

Start: (4-21-13): EQ 560 (FAKO) TU 544 (FAKO) EX 549 (FAKO)
Current: (8-27-13): EQ 650 (FICO) TU 677 (FICO) EX 643 (FICO)
1st Goal: Purchase my first home (Done on 9/3/13)
2nd Goal: 700 across the board
Message 2 of 4
leoncia

No the OC never reported it.  They just sent if off to a collections agency and when I received the letters I paid it as soon as I could to prevent it from getting on my credit report. As soon as I paid, like next day, the reported the damn account to all three bureaus.

Should I just wait and see what happens? I dont want to place another dispute with the CRAs right now, as I have others pending. Too much activity I think.

Thoughts? (and thanks for the response)

Message 3 of 4
BearWebb85
Contributor

I would wait it out 30-45 days.  Usually that is the time it takes for a CA to remove an account from your credit reports.  Just have to be patient, which I know is hard when you are trying to rebuild your credit...trust me I know Smiley Happy.  If nothing has happend after 45 days I would contact the CA directly and just ask them.  If the debt is already paid it won't hurt anything to check with them.

Start: (4-21-13): EQ 560 (FAKO) TU 544 (FAKO) EX 549 (FAKO)
Current: (8-27-13): EQ 650 (FICO) TU 677 (FICO) EX 643 (FICO)
1st Goal: Purchase my first home (Done on 9/3/13)
2nd Goal: 700 across the board
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.