Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed NOW! (Keep Praying)

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Needed NOW! (Keep Praying)

Hey guys,

I really need help. I received a pay cut and I have been living off my savings and credit cards. With my pay cut I now receive $1,100 every two weeks.  I just started a new part-time job at my local K-Mart making minimum wage about 10 or 15 hours a week.  I now have $208 in my savings account and the bills are piling up and I still need things around the house like toiletries and food. 

I have prayed and I know the God will work it out!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Needed NOW! (Keep Praying)

Phone                   $105

Cable                    $50

Geico                    $90

Tithe                      $200 (Bi-weekly)

Ministry                 $25 (Bi-Weekly)

Electric                  $75

Netflix                    $20

Water Bill               $20

C.C. #1                  $385 / $2,500 (No interest until 7/11/09)

C.C. #2                  $3,291 / $3,300 @ 29.99% interest $101 payment due on 6/08/09

C.C. #3                  $148 / $600 @ 19.99% interest

C.C. #4                  $452 / $700 @ 27.24% interest next payment due 6/02/09

C.C. #5                  $550 / $4,000 @ 29.99% interest $87 payment due on 6/05/09

Mortgage                $131,500 @ 7% interest $1,050 payment due on 1st of month

Student loan           $12,926.34 @ 2.875 interest $97 payment due on 6/21/09

Loan                      $8,439.83 @ 8.99 interest $208.80 due on 6/10/09

Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

$450 a month to the church is a lot. Especially out of $2200 per month - 20% of your pay? You may need to stop those.

Message 3 of 13
guiness56
Epic Contributor

For a little over a year I lived without cable, internet, netflix, a phone (house) or anything I did not really need. I even gave up pulling my CR during that time.  I saved a lot of money and found I could really live without most of it.  I still do not have cable and I have only pulled my CR once in over a year.

If I wanted to watch a movie I would rent it from a machine for $1.49. 

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I, too, think you should cut back on the "luxury" items like NetFlix.

I also think you should talk to your Pastor and let him know about your financial issues. The Lord does NOT want you to live like this. He wants His children to be happy, healthy, and successful. And you are NEVER going to be any of those things if you're struggling with your bills.

I understand how important tithing is. And I'm figuring that you've already cut it back (since you're at the 20% point right now) from what you paid before the pay cut. But you're simply not going to make a dent in your debts while paying so much. See if your Pastor can let you contribute to the church coffers in another way ... perhaps, when you can, organize a bake sale or car wash. Tithing isn't ALL about money, IMO - it's about helping the church to run and succeed in its missions.

Also, see if you can call the CC companies and see if they'll give you an interest rate reduction. They did so for my MIL. She got massively reduced rates for an entire year (but of course, no more spending on them). The accounts are still open and in good standing, she just has to pay less in interest.

Please feel more than free to PM me ... God Bless you.
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Christianboy_83,

Cut back on the Netfilx, Cable, or any other thing you can tweak from your budget but, DON"T Touch your Tithes!!! Don't Touch them!  Tithe, Tithe, Tithe.  I know it may sound financially right but, not to give your 10% would do more harm then good..  This is not my opinoin it states so in the word.  (Malachi)

I'm not sure of your credit score right now but maybe you can do a FHA Streamline re-fi.  A friend of my wrote to her lender and they reduced her rate to 5%.  Work on cutting back but not on your tithes! 

Peace & Blessing.  God will give you a testimony!

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Christianboy_83,

Cut back on the Netfilx, Cable, or any other thing you can tweak from your budget but, DON"T Touch your Tithes!!! Don't Touch them!  Tithe, Tithe, Tithe.  I know it may sound financially right but, not to give your 10% would do more harm then good..  This is not my opinoin it states so in the word.  (Malachi)

I'm not sure of your credit score right now but maybe you can do a FHA Streamline re-fi.  A friend of my wrote to her lender and they reduced her rate to 5%.  Work on cutting back but not on your tithes! 

Peace & Blessing.  God will give you a testimony!

I said to modify his tithes specifically because he's giving 20% right now, rather than 10%. That extra $200/month could go a long way towards putting food on his table.

If he's passed out on the floor from lack of sustenance, he won't be doing much good for the Lord. Just my 2 cents.
Message 7 of 13
JoeBJay20
Established Contributor

I agree with gigi5 that you should continue to tithe, but right now you aren't tithing at 10%, it's probably exceeding 20%.  As everyone else said, cut back on everything that isn't essential.  See if you have anything that you could sell for extra cash, any old items you could use to hold a garage sale.  You could also claim financial hardship to put your student loans in forbearance or deferment.
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wonderin,

I did write that he should not touch his tithes and I stated 10%. I will state again pay your tithes as it tell you in the book of Malachi (I stated this too) 10% off the top.  The God I serve will bless a tithe paying praying man. 

Peace & Blessing

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey guys thanks for all the responses. I hve read and taken all of them to heart.

• I will continue to tithe what I have been because I do have a second job now and I must treat that like income too.  
  • I need my cable because it has my internet attached to it and I need it for my job because I can work from home.
  • I will cancel my netflix
  • I plan on having a yard sale the next weekend I have off from Kmart.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.