Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed Urgently!!!

tag
koky
Frequent Contributor

Help Needed Urgently!!!

Please help, Please help... Just got a SW alert, my score dropped from 699 to 619... Please help please help... Doing everything right just can't understand why this is happening... They say I might have missed a payment, but I haven't missed a payemeny in about 10 months... What could the problem be...
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Help Needed Urgently!!!

That's an 80 point drop. No way in hell a 30 day late will cause a drop that big. Anything else being listed on your credit report?

Message 2 of 11
DaBears
Senior Contributor

That's an 80 point drop. No way in hell a 30 day late will cause a drop that big. Anything else being listed on your credit report?

Message 3 of 11
koky
Frequent Contributor

No Professor... Nothing... I haven't missed a payment in 10 months... I don't know what's wrong... Just got of the phone with FICO and what they said was because I disputed an account and it came back verified that's why I got a score drop of 80 points... I doubt if that's the reason...
Message 4 of 11
koky
Frequent Contributor

Any help???
Message 5 of 11
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Was it a C/O account from the OC? if it was that could cause the 80 point drop. A collection won't cause a drop at all or any.

Message 6 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I would call the CRA directly and ask them.

If you disputed a collection account that has been dormant for a while and it came back verified with a current date it would drop your score.

Message 7 of 11
koky
Frequent Contributor

Yes it was a paid Charged off... Which was paid and closed in the month of Jan... So I don't know how, disputing a charged off account can drop 80 points off my score...
Message 8 of 11
guiness56
Epic Contributor

I don't either.  Even if removed your AAoA would not have dropped that much.

I would call the CRA and talk to them.

Message 9 of 11
koky
Frequent Contributor

@ Guiness what should I tell them??? Cause am still in Suprised mode...
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.