Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed!

tag
kingmidas
New Contributor

Help Needed!

I have about 7-9 tradelines that have all been paid on time and all were opened in 6/12.   Also I have about 10-15 inquiries on each report all from 6/12 so those become a year old as well.   Now that its almost a year past should I expect to see some type of score bump or not really. Please anyone with input, greatly appreciated.

Starting Score: myfico.comEQ 570 TU 614 EX (fako/experian.com) 565 5/24/12
Current Score: lender pulled EQ 672 TU 722 EX 692 as of 7/2/13
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
madmann26
Valued Contributor

Re: Help Needed!

We need more detail as to what your profile looks like. Things like current util, # of baddies, last late, etc are all useful information. But I can tell you that high util is the fastest score killer.

Current FICO 9 Scores

Message 2 of 6
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

It takes 2 years for inquries to fall off, what are the positive TL's? Collections that were paid?

Message 3 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Inquires only affect your score for one yr. But as stated above, we need more info about what your credit profile looks like. 

DaBears

Message 4 of 6
kingmidas
New Contributor

My history: I had a bankruptcy discharged in 7/2007, since then I've had about 8 collections/charge off accounts which I have tried to goodwill until the point they don't even respond anymore.  Most are from 2008-09 when I had to stop working to take care of my mom and then went to college for my career, Every collection is paid, a couple accounts out of those are medical bills that are paid also for amounts like $30 and $138 There is one auto loan charge off that I satisfied by settling from 2011.  I started trying to reestablish last year when I came across this forum. I have a total of 8 open and active tradeline which include car loan and credit cards all open in 6/12 and have never been late.  Utilization is 0%, all balances are at 0. (I know I should charge a small amount to get in between 2-9%)  I also have student loans that are not in repayment but I did just pay off one sallie mae student loan for $830.  My last fico scores pull by a lender in 12/12 are EX: 673; TU04: 682; and myfico equifax is 661 currently on here.  I know inquiries fall off in two years and after one year they don't "hurt" as much but will any points possibly be gained from those new accounts hitting the 1 year mark and the inquiries not hurting so much.

Starting Score: myfico.comEQ 570 TU 614 EX (fako/experian.com) 565 5/24/12
Current Score: lender pulled EQ 672 TU 722 EX 692 as of 7/2/13
Goal Score: 700 across the board

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 5 of 6
DaBears
Senior Contributor

You wanna report all but one at 0 util. then rotate your cards every month. Fico does not have memory of what you have used during the month. keeping all your cards at a 0 util is showing fico you are not util the cards which will result at no score increases. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.