Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Needing advice with Neg accounts!

tag
CBARR82
Regular Contributor

Help! Needing advice with Neg accounts!

Hello all! It has been awhile since I have posted on the forums, but read them from time to time. Here is my issue...I am looking to purchase a house and need to work on some negative accounts.Unfortunately, I have 7. Smiley Sad I am definitely not proud of the current condition my credit is in and its important to me to bring it up to speed! Really wanting to get a house for my fiance and myself.

~Have in mind, I am from Indiana.

~I just received all 3 of my reports within the last week. Currently I have a score of 637 directly from scorewatch just minutes ago.

~I am an AU on 3 aged accounts with high limits. I personally only have a small car loan, around $3000 and 2 credit cards, both with low limits and high utilization (working on paying those down to less than 5% now.)

My question now is, where do I go from here? It all seems so confusing even with all of the research I have done here. For example, do I remain on an AU on the CC or have myself removed? Also, approaching the creditors listed below in the correct fashion to luckily have at least some of them respond positively. Thanks in advance!

Corey

1.) Cap One

Opened May 2011

One 30 day late, June 2013

I am thinking I will GW with letters and emails to see if I can not get this removed.

2.) Victorias Secret

Opened Sept. 2004 

Status Closed $161 Written Off, "Purchased by another lender"

3.) HSBC 

Opened Nov. 2006 

Status Transferred, Closed. $219 written off, "Purchased by another lender"

4.) HSBC

Opened Oct. 2006

Status Transferred, Closed $578 written off, "Purchased by another lender"

5.) Verizon Wireless

Opened Nov. 2009 

Status Collection Account. $211 past due as of Nov. 2013. Scheduled to remain on record until Oct. 2013

6.) West Asset Management, OC Indiana Gas Company

Opened march 2012

Status Paid, Closed 

7.) Portfolio Recovery (The CA for HSBC)

Placed for collection Aug. 2009 

Last Payment made June 2007

Status "In Collection"

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help! Needing advice with Neg accounts!

1) Definitely a GW.

2) Send a GW since it was sold.

3) Send a GW since it was sold.

4) Send a GW since it was sold.

5) Send a PFD. Does it really say it was supposed to be removed last October, or is that a typoi?

6) Send a GW asking for deletion.

7) If unpaid, send a PFD. If paid and $0, send a GW asking for deletion.

Message 2 of 6
CBARR82
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the speedy/knowledgeable reply llecs! Yes, there was a typo in the year for #5. on the 3 you say to GW bc it was sold, do you mean the OC? Will they still have record of the account? I do not have my CR in front of me, but I don't believe the entire account # was listed?!
Thanks much and I ll start tomorrow!
Message 3 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

Right, GW the OCs. They will have your acct info in the dark recesses somewhere, but in your GW give a good faith best guess on your acct info if you have your old statements. Otherwise, provide as much info as possible like your name and address so they can look you up. Don't include a SSN.

Message 4 of 6
CBARR82
Regular Contributor

Should I snail mail and/or email??
Message 5 of 6
llecs
Moderator Emeritus

I prefer snail mail since that letter can reach more eyeballs. But never discount a try with email once in a while. 

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.