Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help !! Old credit popped up on Experian and equifax

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help !! Old credit popped up on Experian and equifax

Does anyone know if the debt collector named "Convergent" based out of Renton Washington will remove the collection from the CRA if I agree to pay the debt.  As a side note- this is an old debt from 2012 and was removed from my credit report twice already but it was under a different debt collector company.

so my question is basically if I contact them and pay the full amount (216 bucks), can I ask them to remove the account from my credit reports, and will they actually do it. Of course I would ask them to send me proof showing if I pay it - it will be removed. 

PLEASE - I NEED MY FICO FAMILY. It has been years fixing my credit and I have all 3 scores over 700 but now my experian dropped significantly to 670 but my equifax is still 720.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help !! Old credit popped up on Experian and equifax

@Anonymous wrote:

Does anyone know if the debt collector named "Convergent" based out of Renton Washington will remove the collection from the CRA if I agree to pay the debt.  As a side note- this is an old debt from 2012 and was removed from my credit report twice already but it was under a different debt collector company.

so my question is basically if I contact them and pay the full amount (216 bucks), can I ask them to remove the account from my credit reports, and will they actually do it. Of course I would ask them to send me proof showing if I pay it - it will be removed. 

PLEASE - I NEED MY FICO FAMILY. It has been years fixing my credit and I have all 3 scores over 700 but now my experian dropped significantly to 670 but my equifax is still 720.

You can call and ask them anything you want. You won't know the answer until you ask.

Years ago I had a charged off bank account for $1600. I called Convergent and asked if I paid them $800 right now would they accept it as paid in full and would they remove from credit reports. They said yes. So I paid on the phone with my CC. They were true to their word and within a week it was gone.

Message 2 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Only way to find out is ask. I paid mine off from several and asked them to have it deleted, and they did.

Message 3 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow great news!!!!! thank you.  you obviously asked them for proof in writing that they would remove it correct?

Message 4 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome to hear. i shall pay it. again. You of course asked them for proof in writing that they would remove correct? 

Message 5 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

well that was not the case. they would not offer to send a deletion letter to the credit bureaus and hung up on me Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

well that was not the case. they would not offer to send a deletion letter to the credit bureaus and hung up on me Smiley Happy

Did they offer to delete it?

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Did they offer to delete it?

Wow. Sounds like you have some heartless collectors not willing to help you out. Unfortunately, getting those collections removed before 7 years are VOLUNTARY. They are not oblligated to get it removed early. Thankfully, my experience was different altogether. They willingly offer to have them deleted from my credit report once I pay them off. I'm not sure how long it will last on your report and age off. 7 years, right? Perhaps try again and find a different collections agent on the other line willing to help you out.

Message 8 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

They straight out said we will not delete it and we have nothing to do with the credit bureaus.  Ill get it removed.  I have my other tricks.  Smiley Happy 

Message 9 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

no. they just kept saying "we have nothing to do with the credit bureaus".  It honestly was so strange-spoke to two differnet people and they had no interest in collecting the debt.  I am just going to have my attorney send letters to the credit bureaus and keep pounding away.  Ill get it removed. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.