Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Paid Account, reported as collection item by Verizon

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! Paid Account, reported as collection item by Verizon

Hello all,

First of all, thank you much for all the tips and guidance. You all make life much easier!

I am currently having issues with my old Verizon account and here's the timeline of my relationship with VZ and the issue I have.

• 2009 - Closed my Verizon internet account, had dispute over the bill ($39)
  • 2010 - Verizon reported my account as collection item to the credit bureau (shows up only on Experian though) Got scared. Paid off my account right away
  • 2012 - I sent letter to Verizon asking for Goodwill, since i have Verizon wireless account active. Did not hear anything!
  • 2013 - Filed dispute on Experian. Verizon responded showing my account as collection item! (Though i paid off my account in 2010)

What should do? Kindly help!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
js0319
Established Contributor

Re: Help! Paid Account, reported as collection item by Verizon

If the account was a collection and then you paid it, it should show as a paid collection. You should continue trying for a GW deletion on the collection - and that's really your only option, aside from waiting for it to fall off.

AMEX PRG - NPSL I AMEX Everyday Preferred - $34.8k I Capital One Venture - $20k I Chase Sapphire Preferred - $25.5k I Chase Southwest Rapid Rewards Premier - $20.7k I Barclay Arrival + - $10k I Capital One Quicksilver - $10k I NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa Signature - $15k I NASA FCU - $10k I Texell FCU Visa - $5k I Chase Freedom - $9.9k I Citi Double Cash - $7.8k I Discover IT - $5k I NFCU CLOC - $15k I Total Unsecured Credit - $188,700

EQ FICO - 714 (5/24/16) I TU FICO - 772 (5/24/16) I EX FICO - 770 (5/24/16)
Message 2 of 4
guiness56
Epic Contributor

Just because a collection is paid does not delete it from your CR.  It will stay for up to 7.5 years from DoFD.

Because it is paid the only thing you can do is start sending GW letters.

Message 3 of 4
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Verizon is the OC, and not a debt collector.

They could report a status of referred for collection, but they would not have reported an actual collection. 

How does it show on your CR?

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.