Anonymous
Not applicable

Help! Paid Collection won't come off!

I Paid a collection From Time Warrner Cable that was sent to 

EOS CCA 
PO BOX 981025
BOSTON, MA 02298
(877) 295-0142 

I called the number asking for a good will adjustment and they said that they do not remove items and neither does Time Warner Cable.

I made the mistake to pay them and lost my negotiating power. Now What?  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help! Paid Collection won't come off!

At this point all you can do is send GW letters and hope they eventually work
Message 2 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Should I Send them to time warner? or EOS CCA? Or both? Do you have a link that shows a good format of a letter to send in my situation I am no longer with Time Warner. 

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

They don't have to take it off your credit. You didn't pay it and it's reporting correctly. If they want to they can, but you "threatening" to pay for removal or not doesn't realy bother them any because you pay or you don't. If you don't and they have info as to how to collect it other ways, such as a bank account or your job and garnishing either they will sue you and do so. You can send them a lettier asking for it to be removed, but most likely they won't do it.

Message 4 of 7
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

I Paid a collection From Time Warrner Cable that was sent to 

EOS CCA 
PO BOX 981025
BOSTON, MA 02298
(877) 295-0142 

I called the number asking for a good will adjustment and they said that they do not remove items and neither does Time Warner Cable.

I made the mistake to pay them and lost my negotiating power. Now What?  

GW is an exception process, not a rule.   You may be turned down many times in your GW requests.  I would advise that you keep sending letters to the CA on a regular basis until they grant your request.    I would mail letters monthly or immediately upon receipt of their response, whichever came first.   

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Should I Send them to time warner? or EOS CCA? Or both? Do you have a link that shows a good format of a letter to send in my situation I am no longer with Time Warner. 

Here is a thread dedicated to goodwill letters. http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/GW-LETTERS-SUPPORT-GROUP-PART-2/td-p/4700690
Message 6 of 7
cjane1
Frequent Contributor

You can try emailing the higher ups in the company and may get a response, don't  give up because they can delete the paid collection off you credit reports.

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.