Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please! EX won't delete re-aged acct

tag
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

Help Please! EX won't delete re-aged acct

In October I got a knock down in my score so I checked to see what was added. A collection and a Mandee's charge. The CA has it listed as being opened in Dec 2008 the Mandee chg card lists it as opened in Oct 1995. This is a card which was included in my bankruptcy back in 1996. The Mandee chg is listed in good standing accts with bal of $584. The CA has it listed at $585. I believe they are trying to collect on this 1995 acct which is way past SOL and its more than 7 yrs old to even be on my report. It's a coincidence that they both appear at the same time. Same month. I fought it with all 3 CR and today received updated report from EX and it was validated. I sent EX a copy of the 1st & 2nd letter that I wrote to the CA asking for validation, this company never ever sent me anything they just put it on my CR, which they never replied to. EX is the only one showing noth Mandee charge & CA. Can I sue the collection agency & EX?Is this not illegal to re-age an account? and try to collect on it. I also tried pre-HIPAA on the 3 med coll and it didn't work. 2 are paid 1 is not. What do I do? My first thought was to call EX and chewing someone a new a-hole. I am so pissed right now. EX is the one report that still needs cleaning up. I checked scores today at TU is my highest at 718.
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
IOBA
Senior Contributor

Re: Help Please! EX won't delete re-aged acct

Have you sent a copy of the bk papers, highlighting the cc that was included?   With a cover letter explaining that the charge was dismissed/discharged and it now reappears on your CRA.  Include a copy of your credit report.

Ask them to delete according to the law, because it is past the 7-7.5 yrs.

Should work! 

Message 2 of 3
lessismore2014
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help Please! EX won't delete re-aged acct

BR was back 1996 I can't find papers
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.