Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please, Need to find contact info or way of finding out who to call

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Please, Need to find contact info or way of finding out who to call

Hey there...I am desperately needing help. I have moved a lot and I have several medical collections on my report that I just couldn't keep up with and now I am finally ready to try and get them settled. I do not have any contact info for the different ones that are reporting. Is there any way to go off of my report and try and get a phone # or address of specifically who is reporting and contact them to try and work something out? Again, I do not know how to contact the ones who are reporting. What would be the best, fastest way to get contact information so I can get a hold of each one to begin working things out? This would also be helpful regarding any creditors. If I don't know how to contact them, is there a way to use my credit report to get a phone number or something? Any help would be greatly appreciated. I am lost here. Thank you so much.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Chopbrocoli
Established Contributor

Re: Help Please, Need to find contact info or way of finding out who to call

On your report, does the CA not list the medical practice/ doctor/ hospital? 

AMEX Gold Premier Rewards | SPG AMEX | Bank of America Power Rewards | Merrill Plus | United Presidential Plus | Saks World Elite
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, I apologize, I am not up to speed on the lingo or terms. I am not sure what you mean by CA. On my report that I have looked at from this site I do not see any specific names of anything. If there is something else I should look at I will look. sorry for my ignorance. thanks

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

ok, i think I get it now. duh.. Credit Agency. it has a lengthy number like "682YC00000". I do not see any names. thanks for the help.

Message 4 of 10
jeffery581
Established Contributor

The contact information should be on your credit report including phone and address. Next to the item that is being reported

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 5 of 10
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ok, i think I get it now. duh.. Credit Agency. it has a lengthy number like "682YC00000". I do not see any names. thanks for the help.

CA = Collection Agency

Here is a link to Common Abbreviations found here on myFico

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Guide-To-Common-Abbreviations/m-p/224988?jump=true

Also in order to get your full credit report (that includes full contact info for each account) you should pull your credit reports from annualcreditreport.com or directly from the CRA (experian.com, transunion.com, equifax.com). CMS such as myFico, freecreditreport.com, etc do not provide as detailed reports as you get directly from the sites mentioned previously.

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@PapasWifey wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

CA = Collection Agency

Here is a link to Common Abbreviations found here on myFico

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/Guide-To-Common-Abbreviations/m-p/224988?jump=true

Also in order to get your full credit report (that includes full contact info for each account) you should pull your credit reports from annualcreditreport.com or directly from the CRA (experian.com, transunion.com, equifax.com). CMS such as myFico, freecreditreport.com, etc do not provide as detailed reports as you get directly from the sites mentioned previously.

ok! that is GREAT HELP. all I have been able to see is those long numbers that mean nothing. THANK YOU!!

Message 7 of 10
LIGHTNIN
Senior Contributor

Agree with PapasWifey,Smiley Wink

Start with pulling your FREE CR's from (ACR) annualcreditreport.com. they tend to have more info on them, then ones from a 3rd party.
The CR's from ACR, come directly from each of the CRA's. You can pull 1 Free CR from TU,EQ and EX every 12 months.

Oh, BTW (by the way)  Welcome to the forums.

FICO's May 2015 EQ764 ~~Live below your means and always keep an emergency fund -Love Everybody ~ Big Kenny ~ Big and Rich ~~~~~Credit Scoring 101 - Common Abbreviations - Freq Req Threads - Free Credit Reports - What Steps Do I Take?DV? PFD?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone!! I have all 3 of them now with all of the specific info!! Much appreciation for the help!! Looking forward to getting things going. Any advice on starting out on all of this. Should I contact the original or is that even possible? Should I just contact the collector? Thanks so much!

Message 9 of 10
PapasWifey
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks everyone!! I have all 3 of them now with all of the specific info!! Much appreciation for the help!! Looking forward to getting things going. Any advice on starting out on all of this. Should I contact the original or is that even possible? Should I just contact the collector? Thanks so much!

Here is a link that may be very helpful since you are just getting started (I still use it as well).

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Rebuilding-Your-Credit/What-Steps-Do-I-Take-Do-I-DV-PFD/m-p/337142

In Lightnin's signature line you can find this and other links you may find interesting and useful! You should maybe check those out as well. Also they are 'sticky's' at the top of the rebuilding forum.

When starting out, remember that in most cases it is best to contact whomever is reporting the debt on your CR.  So if the OC (original creditor) is reporting it then you should contact them, if the CA is reporting it you should start with them.

Most people recommend starting out with a DV letter (for CA's) to confirm that the CA has a right to collect on that debt and that the debt is indeed valid.  From there, if you agree... try to get a PFD (pay for delete) letter where they agree IN WRITING to delete the account in full (not mark it simply as 'paid') once you make a payment.  If that is not successful, you may want to consider paying the debt and then asking for a GW (Good Will) letter to have them remove the tradeline in "good faith" since it's been paid.

Also, I would suggest if you do want to pay that you see if you can get it paid with a lesser amount (or if money is no problem for you and you just want to get rid of PIF is still an option).

Good luck to you! Come back here often for support if need be. I have learned SO much from the myFICO community.

Starting Score: 576 EQ 1-12-13
Current Score: 588 EQ 2-3-13
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.