cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Please!!!

tag
Ca211

Help Please!!!

• Midland filed suit (judgment)against me and I went to General Sessions Civil Court on April 2009 in Nashville, TN (Davidson County). 
  • The hearing was continued to May 2009 and at that time the attorney for Mann Bracken spoke with me.  I advised him that the debt had not been validated and requested proof of the debt.
  • The attorney said the debt was not collectible (he had no proof of the debt) and the case was closed Non Suit
  • This was a debt for a Providian credit card account that was charged off in 2003.  Midland bought the debt and had been trying to collect prior to taking me to court. 
  •  After we went to court I thought the matter was resolved; I received no further contact or correspondence from Midland.  Then I checked my credit report in December 2009 and they were listed as an open collection account with all 3 credit bureaus. 
  •  I disputed and advised about the issue and the court results; Transunion deleted the account and Equifax requested that I submit the court documents.  I faxed Equifax the order from the court and also a letter requesting removal from my credit report by the Davidson County General Sessions Court on January 11, 2010.  Equifax then stated that the documents from the court are invalid and if I wanted the item deleted or removed then Midland would have to send a request to delete it from my credit file.
  • I have contacted Midland's Consumer Relations department and they stated that they saw where I went to court, but no results are listed.  Mann Bracken is no longer in business.  I faxed Midland a copy of the court documents on January 18, 2010 and am waiting a response. 
  • I am at wits end with Equifax because I thought the court documents should have resolved the issue.  I did file a complaint with the FTC concerning Equifax. So I would be interested in any assistance anyone can provide in this matter. 
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Please!!!

Did Equifax respond in writing that the court documents were invalid? Did you file an FTC complaint against *both* Equifax, and Midland?

If you haven't done so already, file a complaint with your State's AG office.

Message 2 of 5
Ca211

No, this was a verbal response from Equifax.  I completed an online dispute several times and it came back each time saying the debt was verified and I called the dispute line : 888-800-9698 and asked to speak with a supervisor and was told this.  Equifax did not provide me anything in writing. 

I filed the complaint against Equifax, I will file on Midland Credit Management also!!

I will also file a complaint with the TN AG's office. 

I tried emailed the CEO today about this issue, I will monitor for a response back from him.

Thanks!!

Message 3 of 5
newstart2010
Blogger

Equifax has also "verified" accounts that even the OC or CA could not verify and admitted as much.  I often have wondered if they actually contact the companies, as one of my verifications came back in less than 2 hours on an account that the CA took a week to try and verify but couldn't.

Send the dispute to them in writing, with any documentation you have to prove your point.  As them what their initial method of verification was, and that you know the debt to be incorrect.

If after you send things through the mail (not over the internet because that is not reliable) it still stays on there then I would start letting the AG, FTC, etc know about this.

Internet disputes rarely come through completely.  You really want to try and get things done through the mail because you have the ability to send supporting documentation.

I live my life like I type, fast and with a lot of mistakes.
Spacebar broken. Watch for finger.

02/04/2015 || TU 08: 728 EX 08: 709 EQ 08: 748

Message 4 of 5
Ca211

I'm reporting good news, on 01/27/10, I emailed the CEO of Midland; that evening I spoke with the Director of Consumer Relations who advised that she had received my email from the CEO.  Her next statement was that she was going to request deletion since I had sent the court documents into Midland.  I should be receiving a letter within 7-10 days referencing this and Midland would be updating and deleting with all 3 credit bureaus; allow 30 days for the bureaus to update.  I pulled a 3 in 1 credit bureau report on 01/30/10 and Midland was gone from all 3 agencies. I am so happy that this saga is now over!!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.