cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Pls. Paid Collector Mann Bracken-MBNA-Bk of America

Regular Contributor

Help Pls. Paid Collector Mann Bracken-MBNA-Bk of America

Newbie here! Any help is greatly appreciated!

I had MBNA acct that went into collection back in 2003 due to accident and not being able to work.
MBNA would not work with me, so it went to collection with Mann Bracken. They were such nasty people. I was able to refinance my home at a high rate-10.3% to pay them in FULL.

Now my credit report is showing the account with Bank of America, which I just found out bought out MBNA, as Unpaid, balance reported as a loss by credit grantor- Past Due $0

Credit limit was $10,000. With late fees and overlimit fees, I paid Mann Bracken $13,531.62 on 10/29/04.

I know nothing at that time about PFD. The closing attorney of course did not advise me of anything!

What if anything can I do now?

Message Edited by mymoneynow on 05-08-2008 04:02 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Help Pls. Paid Collector Mann Bracken-MBNA-Bk of America

mymoneynow wrote:
Newbie here! Any help is greatly appreciated!

I had MBNA acct that went into collection back in 2003 due to accident and not being able to work.
MBNA would not work with me, so it went to collection with Mann Bracken. They were such nasty people. I was able to refinance my home at a high rate-10.3% to pay them in FULL.

Now my credit report is showing the account with Bank of America, which I just found out bought out MBNA, as Unpaid, balance reported as a loss by credit grantor- Past Due $0

Credit limit was $10,000. With late fees and overlimit fees, I paid Mann Bracken $13,531.62 on 10/29/04.

I know nothing at that time about PFD. The closing attorney of course did not advise me of anything!

What if anything can I do now?

Message Edited by mymoneynow on 05-08-2008 04:02 AM

Is the CA listed on your report? If so, does it show paid?

I would dispute the account as "paid".
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Message 2 of 3
Regular Contributor

Re: Help Pls. Paid Collector Mann Bracken-MBNA-Bk of America

The CA is NOT listed on any of the 3 reports! Thank goodness I had a copy of the check from the closing attorney in my paperwork, otherwise, I do not know where I would have found it.

Looks like I will be drafting a letter showing the account paid in full along with a copy of the check from closing.

Any suggestions on wording of letter?