Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help... Previously paid debt popped up under a new collection agency

tag
CredStudent
Established Member

Help... Previously paid debt popped up under a new collection agency

I ran into a credit problem a few years ago. Long story short I paid back all my bad debts and have been working on rebuilding my credit. I just got my new report and two medical bills, which have already been paid and I have documentation to that effect, have popped back up on my report under a different collection agency stating they were assigned to the account this year. These debts were paid in early 2013. Since the two debts were paid I have recieved multiple letters from different collection agencies to which i responded with a letter and the documents proving the debts were paid and I would not hear from that particular agency again. In 2014 the letters stopped and I assumed it was finally over but then I just checked my reports and they are both on there but to my knowledge I never recieved a letter from these angecies, I was able to check because I saved each one along with a copy of my response and the certified mail return reciept. I am not sure how I should handle this at this point seeing how it is a continually recurring problem, its a medical bill, and it is now on my report. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Fico08 6/22/16: EQ 643 TU 666 EX 683
C1 secured $1,000(opened 3/2013, closed 4/2016), QS1 $2,000 (opened 5/2015), Freedom $4,000 (opened 4/2016), BOA CR $1,500(opened 4/2016), NHL Discover IT $1,600 (opened 6/2016)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Whitneyy
Valued Contributor

Re: Help... Previously paid debt popped up under a new collection agency

I would send a DV to the company reporting on my credit reports. 

GOAL - 700 FICO across the board!
Message 2 of 3
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: Help... Previously paid debt popped up under a new collection agency

+1 absolutely send dv letters out. Should be an easy removal.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.