Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Removing Citibank N.A.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Removing Citibank N.A.

Recently finished paying off  a defaulted private loan from Citibank.  It's high balance was $28k.  I called and offered to settle the remaining balance of 8K if they would send me a pay for deletion letter.  They told me that was against company policy and that there was no way I could get a letter so I just paid them off.

Is there ANY way to get Citibank to remove the closed and paid off student loan account without having to wait a billion years??  Would a credit repair service like Blue Sky or Lexington Law have any effect? 

I desperately need this account off my records because it's the only one showing late payments, like some 40 lates since 2009!  I'm trying to build my credit up and just got my first two credit cards ever.  Current UTI is 2% and I have not had a late payment on anything in over 4 years.  It will not fall off my report until 2020 Smiley Sad

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Re: Help Removing Citibank N.A.

Citibank isn't exactly known to be PFD friendly
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Guess I'll write Ms. Desoer, the CEO, tomorrow.  I'm hoping a GW will work.  Once it went to collections I sadly had paid like I should have the entire time and then paid off the balance.  Hoping for some miracle and grace that this can be removed early providing me the opportunity to repair the mistakes I made.

Message 3 of 8
darwin_wins
Established Contributor

Good luck, I had to wait almost 7 years and then call CRA to ask for EE. I hope you have better luck than me
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Dang, this isn't very inspiring! I've got to try... Hopefully someone will have a heart
Message 5 of 8
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

The monthly delinquencies must be excluded from your credit report no later than 7 years from their indvidual dates of occurence.

If the creditor will not voluntarily report their deletion prior to their normal exclusion dates, the only other option is to request the CRA to exclude a few months early.

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Citibank is the worst. It's been 5 years and nothing. I email them from time to time and nothing happens. 

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Recently finished paying off  a defaulted private loan from Citibank.  It's high balance was $28k.  I called and offered to settle the remaining balance of 8K if they would send me a pay for deletion letter.  They told me that was against company policy and that there was no way I could get a letter so I just paid them off.

Is there ANY way to get Citibank to remove the closed and paid off student loan account without having to wait a billion years??  Would a credit repair service like Blue Sky or Lexington Law have any effect? 

I desperately need this account off my records because it's the only one showing late payments, like some 40 lates since 2009!  I'm trying to build my credit up and just got my first two credit cards ever.  Current UTI is 2% and I have not had a late payment on anything in over 4 years.  It will not fall off my report until 2020 Smiley Sad

If all it is showing is late months and no charge off - those late will fall off individually as each one ages past 7 years. When was the most recent late on the account? What is the reported level of each late? 30 60 90?

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.