Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Removing Lates From BOA Loan

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Help Removing Lates From BOA Loan

Hi All,

This is my first post as a newly registered user. I've read the forum for a while and went ahead to look at my reports as I haven't done so in over a year and a half. Unforunatley to my suprise, I discovered a large problem and would like some assitance:

Three years ago,

I had a 690- 700 credit score, no lates and had 2 of my CC's maxed out, everything else had 0 balance. One of the cards was due to debt (Spending), other was last semester and a half of college, to avoid getting a loan. 

I got approved for a 11,500.00 loan 3 years ago to consolidate the CC debt (lower apr), and obtained it through MBNA. Terms were roughly 350.00 or so a month for 39 months. MBNA later got purchased by BOA, and after the merger, I was able to pay it online through BOA's site.

Half way through the terms, I lost my job (1/07). I did what I could but after a few months and my reserves were gone, I couldn't not make the now double payment for the loan. Before it was due, I called up BOA, told them my situation, and asked what could be done to lower the loan arrangements. They put me on a plan that would supposidly not hurt my credit, lowered my rate, lenghened the terms, which dropped the payment to 150.00 a month. In order to due this they said I they would have to close out the line of credit.  I made my payments, got the confirmation letter in the mail. and a month or so later, I got a new job. 

My problem is now is that even though I was making my monthly payments of 150.00,  BOA reported consistant 30 and 60 day late's each month on this account. What confuses me is 4 months later, BOA all of a sudden reported ok to the account until march of last year. I called in my payment over the phone, and the woman I spoke with never put applied my payment to my account. I recieved yet another 30 from them. 

To make matter worse, I get a call  shortly after the march insident from BOA telling me that they are  removing me from the program since I was 30 days past due. I told the rep what happened. Luckly she re applied me back into a simular program, but with a 130.00 month payment, and no interest for up to 60 months to pay this thing off. I still owe 4400 on this. 

EX reported a total of 6 30's and 5 60's, TU reported 5 30's and 5 60's again all pertaining to the same account.

I didn't order my scores with the reports, but I'm sure this is drastically affecting my scores.  What can I do in light of all this? I am really for lack of a better word pissed off at this whole situation. Everything else is cristal clear. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Removing Lates From BOA Loan

Send a GW letter to BoA asking them to remove the late pays.
Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Help Removing Lates From BOA Loan

Thanks for the reply...

I've never written one of these letters, and I'm not familiar with the process. Do you have any additional insite and or resources in regards to how to do this?

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.