Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help! Satisfying a Debt!!

tag
BruinTheNursePractitioner
Established Member

Help! Satisfying a Debt!!

Hello ya'll.  Trying to clean up my mom's report so she can get a new car!

She has two payday advances on her report...each for $315.  

I just "settled" one of them for $200.  They said that they are going to update the credit bureau as "paid" and "not in collections."

But they said if I pay the whole $315---they will take the whole thing off my credit report.  

I'm assuming the latter is true---but is it even possible??? Help!!  PS, can I negotioate with these people??  Them seem nice!

Chase Slate- 33K |AmEx Clear Card-2K | AmEx BCE-2K | Chase Freedom-1.3K | BoA Travel Rewards Visa-10K | BoA Accelerated Rewards AmEx-20K | Citibank Dividend Visa-2.1K | U.S. Bank-600 | Macy's Store Card-1.8K| Barclays MC-2.5K| Discover IT-17K | Chase CSP-1K | Banana Republic Visa-10K | BoA Better Balance Rewards MC-2.5K | Chevron Visa- 1.5K | EBay MC- 2.5K | Citi Diamond Preferred-2K | Citi American Airlines MC- 6.3K | Discover IT Chrome-2.5K| BoA Susan G. Komen MC-8.5K

TOTAL LINES: 20 |TOTAL UNSECURED CREDIT: $125,100
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
TheClub
Frequent Contributor

Re: Help! Satisfying a Debt!!

Yes, it is possible.  I've gotten 3 chargeoffs removed from my CR. But in my experience it's always good to get this agreement written and stamped by the company before proceeding.  Sometimes just their word isn't good enough.

Good luck!

"When you're fresh meat you kill... and give them something fresher" (Frank Underwood)
Message 2 of 4
parakleet
Valued Contributor

I would also check the rebuilding forum here - you might find more help there. 

Gardening since 7/16/14
Current: EQ 711 7/13/14; EX 724 TU 721 6/19/14
Goal: 760+
Message 3 of 4
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.