Valued Member
jcknight007

Help! Something strange happened to my credit score

I started the dispute process about a month ago. I use Chase ID to monitor. Today, I pulled a CR and my EQ score was 800. Yes, 800. Up from 587 yesterday. WTF?
Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

Re: Help! Something strange happened to my credit score

Where'd you get that score? CIDP or myfico?

CIDP
Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

I don't know if you have read Credit Scoring 101 yet. It will explain the difference between FICO and FAKO.

While that's a huge increase, it doesn't mean that the FICO increase will be that large. If you want to know what scores the lenders are looking at, you have to pull your three FICOs from here.

Yeah, I know the difference, but why the big change? I know there are baddies on TU and EX. Is it because they are in dispute and will pop up later?
Moderator Emeritus

jcknight007 wrote:
Yeah, I know the difference, but why the big change? I know there are baddies on TU and EX. Is it because they are in dispute and will pop up later?

With FAKO scores it is really hard to determine why the score changed, as there is no rhyme or reason to them. Sometimes I think they change with the weather.

I've had mine increase and decrease within days when there are no changes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Free Annual Reports, Freq. Requested Threads, 5 Things We Don't Talk About, Common Abbreviations, Where do I start?, State Resources
Moderator Emeritus
ByrdMan

JC, I am with Sidewinder on this. There is no rhyme or reason to the change in FAKOs. I have seen my FAKOs go down significantly to an action, only to see my FICOs go up to the same action. I truly hope that this is one of those coincidences where they somehow jive and you get a huge FICO increase.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+